Chapter Sixteen

The sound of soft giggling stirs me out of my sleep. I turn around to see Rayden grinning and kneeling next to my bed. "Hi sissy," I smile.

"Hi, Addy. You have a stranger in your bed," she says cutely, pointing to Macy. I look behind me and smile at the beauty sleeping next to me with her long hair sprawled out everywhere.

I pull Rayden onto the bed and start tickling her. Her laughter fills the room. "She's not a stranger silly, that's Macy. You don't remember her?" Ray shakes her head no. How could she? She was only one or two when Macy and I stopped being friends. "That's because you were a baby when you met her. But she remembers you." She looks at me, confused.

Macy stirs awake and opens her eyes to the two of us. "Hi Rayden," she says. My little sister smiles really big.

"Hi Macy"

"Hello to the three of you!" My mother's voice booms from the doorway. It's only the first night, and she's already caught Macy in my bed after telling me she needed to sleep in the guest room. She gives me a disapproving look, and I know I'm in big trouble.

"You two get ready for breakfast. Dad and Camden are cooking. Let's go, Ray, give them some privacy."

My little sister jumps off my bed, waving at Macy, grinning as Macy waves back. Mom shuts my door, and I lay back down next to her, not wanting to get out of bed yet. I'm watching the fan spin as I feel her gaze upon me. "She's mad I slept in here, isn't she?"

"Yeah, not at you though. I promised her we would sleep in separate beds."

"So, your parents know you're a lesbian?"

"Have you seen my parents? Yes, they do."

"I've known you since we were ten. I saw the signs. So I'm pretty sure it was easy for them to spot it as well."

"Whatever."

"So they don't want us sleeping in the same room because they think that we would...."

"They're hoping yes. Well... Dad is. Mom made the rule that we have to sleep in separate beds." I sigh, staring at the ceiling.

"But why?"

"Because, Macy, I've had a huge crush on you since we were kids." I quickly cover my mouth after the realization of the accidental revelation of my feelings sets in. "Shit. I did not mean to say that."

"It's fine," she says, chuckling. I turn to face her and sigh heavily.

She shields her nose with the blanket. "Jeez Adelaide! I see now why we stopped being friends! Your morning breath is atrocious!"

"Oh whatever! You know what's horrendous, this morning hair you have here," I say, pulling a strand of it. She slaps my hand away as I bring my mouth close to her face and breathe all my dragon breath onto her.

"Oh my goodness! That's disgusting! Get away from me." She pushes me away from her, but I pull her arms with me, still blowing my breath in her face. We lose our balance, and I fall flat on my ass off the bed with her on top of me.

She looks at me and smiles shyly, "sorry."

We just stare at one other, not moving. I feel her leaning in closer to connect our lips, but when she gets to mine, her lips brush across mine, and she whispers, "go brush your teeth, asshole," She jumps off of me and prances back to her room.

I stare at her round ass for a minute, sad to see her go. Grunting and laying my head back on the floor. I lay there flat, realizing that even if she's happy now, it won't last. Dr. Low mentioned that Macy would constantly go in and out of the depressive episodes, and wanting the drugs to ease her pain from it coming out of her system. Last night's episode was just the beginning.