Chapter Twenty- Two

Alexandria

I'm currently sitting in silence with Macy and my daughter in my office, as I consider what to do with these two. I arrived at the cafeteria to find Macy beating the pulse out of Chase. He does, after all, deserve it, but as a faculty member at this school, I can't just say that. Over the last three years, I've had numerous students complain about him, but nothing ever sticks to making a case against him. Stories combined can, but many students are afraid to come forward to make a solid case due to possible repercussions from Chase's parents. While others believe it is pointless because this is his final year.

Even though the students aren't bringing a case, that doesn't stop us from lying to his parents. Claiming that there will be a case against their son will prevent his parents from filing charges. We merely have to threaten his football career to get them to back down. They are as dense-headed as their child is in believing us. However, no other student has ever actually put their hands on Chase before Macy and Addy.

I want to be mad at them, but I am actually impressed. They deserve each other, and Macy would probably do well working with Roger and me after graduation if we ever offered. I already know her plans after walking across the stage, though, and I think her goal fits her well. On the other hand, my daughter would not touch a firearm if her life depended on it. She will, however, punch a bully. That, she is not afraid of, but she is not built for the life of an operative.

I turn to see Addy, who is nervously looking at Macy and caressing her hand. I overheard my daughter telling Macy to calm down earlier. Her exact words were:

"Listen to me, Macy. You are stronger than this. Take deep breaths. There you go. Just breathe. Listen to the sound of my voice. His words are just words. Don't let them consume you... I'm right here baby."

I watched as my daughter soothed Macy's wrath. Something that no one else in that cafeteria was capable of. She truly loves her, and it took a withdrawal from an addiction to bring them back together.

I sigh heavily, tapping my finger against my desk.

"I'm sorry Dad. It's my fault. I should have stopped her before it got bad," my daughter tries to take the fall.

I raised my hand to stop her, not needing an explanation. "I understand. So..." I take a deep breath and release, "Since Mrs. Lewis already knows what you are going through Macy, she should be able to look past this since it is your first offense this year. As far as Chase's parents being pissed that you messed up the star quarterback's face.... let me handle that." Macy lowers her head, and I can tell she's ashamed she let things get that far. "You were defending my daughter, I get that, but violence isn't the answer Macy."

"I know. I'm sorry. I just couldn't let him talk about Adelaide like that. Chase picking on me is one thing but her..." she trails off.

Why can't they see how deep their feelings are for each other? They practically sleep in the same bed every night even though my wife told them not to. At first, she wasn't too fond of it, but we trust our daughter not to engage in intercourse while the family is home. Just thinking about Adelaide reaching maturity makes me want to barf. It feels like just yesterday she was still a baby, my little Princess.

I know they haven't had sex yet because Addy has spent her entire life waiting for it to be perfect. She tells Elliot everything, and I hear it from my wife. Addy cherishes her virginity, and I'm pretty sure she let Macy know that. Many teens her age are not virgins, which is fine. Most teenagers, though, give it to the wrong person and end up regretting it later on. That's a heartache she wants to avoid.

"Macy, are you up for finishing your last two classes?" I ask her

She nods her head. "Okay, Adelaide, please make sure nothing else happens again. I can't keep bailing you two out of trouble."

They both nod and stand up to exit my office. Elliot and Rayden enter as they go out. My face lights up when I see my other girls.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask Elliot, pulling her into a kiss and pulling Rayden onto my lap. Ray lays her back into me, looking tired. I glance at my wife with questioning eyes.

"The school called because Rayden wasn't feeling good. Pumpkin, do you want to tell daddy why you aren't feeling well?"

She slumps further into me. "I ate glue," she says in a whisper.

"Did I hear that right?" I ask my 5-year-old daughter.

She nods her head. "I ate a glue stick," she repeats. I look at my wife.

She covers her mouth to stop her laughter. "Baby, I told you we'd have a kid that does it."

"Yes, but we didn't name her Sally Elliot!" My wife starts grinning at the memory of us picking out baby names.

"Baby, do you also want to tell daddy what you did in front of the whole class?" Ray looks up to me, then back at her mommy, and shakes her head quickly. "Come on."

She sighs exaggeratedly, tossing her hands in the air. "I standed on the table and pulled my pants down."

I furrow my eyes and sit her on my desk in front of me. "Now what would possess you to do that Ray?"

"Because the other kids were making fun of me. They says I was a boy, and I'm not. And he says only boys has penis. You says just cause I has a penis doesn't mean I has to be a boy. You says I can be a girl Daddy." She lowers her head, and I look up to my wife and sigh.

"Baby girl, you are allowed to be anything you want in this world. Mommy and daddy will never take that option away from you. But that does not mean you have to prove who you are to everyone that does not understand. Does that make sense?"

She nods her head in understanding. "I won't do it again," she whispers. I smile and pull her back down on my lap, hugging her tightly. "Daddy?"

"Yes baby?" She begins to rub her stomach, gagging. "Oh no, no, no. Baby, grab the trash can, hurry."

"Where where where?" Elliot asks frantically, looking for the small bucket. I shove Rayden off my lap and onto the floor, but as soon as I turn around to place the garbage can in front of her, she hurls chunks all over my slacks and loafers.

I hear Elliot behind me, hunched over laughing, "I did not sign up for this!"

"Oh, but you did." I shake some of the contents off of me and grab the cleaning stuff in my cabinet. She picks up our daughter and takes her to the restroom to clean up. I follow her to the single-stall faculty restroom to assist her in cleaning Rayden, and then she helps me in cleaning my work clothing. "Alex, I was thinking about letting the girls go to the beach house one weekend."

"Like alone?" She nods her head. "I thought you were against your daughter losing her virginity? Did Adelaide put you up to this?"

"Not against, and no... maybe... alright yes. She asked me, but I just know how special Addy wants it to be. But the beach house was where we had our first time, and it was special for us. Maybe it would be for them."

"Wow. Elliot Reed has a soft spot for her daughter. I can't believe you're encouraging this." She slaps my chest.

"Hey, I'm not encouraging. If Adelaide is ready, then that is her decision. You started it by allowing Macy to stay at our house in the first place. I'm just surprised they haven't done it already."

"So am I."

"So? What do you say? Can they go?" She looks at me with pleading eyes, and I give in, nodding my head to allow it. She grins and claps her hands.

"Fine, but we have to have the safe sex talk with them both."

"Oooo. Yes, I agree. What happened right before I got here? There was so much commotion in the hallway. Was that Chase who was all bloody?"

"Yes, I'll tell you about it when we get home. Can you come back and get the kids after school is over? I don't want to walk around smelling like barf and glue." She chuckles at my misery

"Sure, let's go." I text Malinda, or as the kids now call her Principal Lewis, that I'm leaving, and Elliot and I get into separate cars to head home with Rayden.