Chapter 23

You walked in the office around 11:53 PM, and was immediately met by Spring trap. He was sitting in your office chair again, and he seemed to have given you a warm smile and you returned one back.

"How was the date?" He almost chuckled.

"Good! Dave seemed to have a lot to say about you!" You answered cheerfully.

"What'd he say about me this time?" He was playing with his fingers like he had already knew the answer.

"You don't wanna know...but he did say something a little strange." Your chuckle had now turned into a confusing look and Spring trap had looked up from his hands.

"Like what?" He answered playfully.

"Dave said he met me here? But I've never seen him before..." Spring trap's eyes lit up and they illuminated the dark room. You were always curious as to why they did that.

"Maybe you have..." he seemed to be suggesting something, but you could figure out what.

"I think I would've noticed if another person was in here with me." You chuckled and Spring trap gave you a sly look.

"You are so oblivious." He answered bluntly. What did he mean by that?

"What? How? Have you seen him?" I thought Spring trap said he's never met him before.

"As a matter of fact, I have." His answers were unspecific and blunt and you couldn't help but wonder why.

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought you never seen him before!" Just then, it had almost seemed like you had caught Spring trap in a lie. His body froze, but he quickly recovered and gathered himself.

"I have been seeing him recently." Before you could answer Spring trap spoke again. "It's nearly midnight, we should start moving, love."

"To where?" Most places the phantoms attack anyway, plus what if the ventilation fails!

"The backrooms of course." He answered a little annoyed, as if you were some dumb child. You sighed and followed Spring trap into the backrooms you two had previously been in.

"Why don't the phantoms come back here?" You said as the two of you entered the room and he shut the door.

"They can, they usually don't. This place doesn't bring them good memories..." what could've possible happened to them, here? You wanted to ask about what he meant but Spring trap interrupted your thoughts.

"Anyways, the building burns in two days. So we should start planning this out." Spring trap sat down on the floor and you joined him shortly after.

The two of you went on for hours about the escape plan. Apparently, Spring trap used to have a house around here when he alive. He said it was abandoned and he could hide out there. The plan was, to escort Spring trap through the woods and bring him to his old house, without being seen. The two of you would leave through the back door, in case any employees were around. You were slightly shocked that Spring trap had a full plan, it was a lot to take in. But as you were mesmerized he said something, rather confusing.

"And I have a plan if I get caught, don't worry." Caught? What could he possibly do?

"Which is..?" You wanted him to finish your sentence, but he didn't take the hint.

"You'll see, love. Once the place burns down I'll show you, I promise. I can't stay like this forever anyway." What could he possibly mean by that?

You two continued to talk about the escape plan and eventually the 6 AM bell rang. Spring trap got up from where he was sitting next to you and held out a hand for you. You held onto it as you got up and stared at him before saying your goodbyes.

"See you tonight, Springy."

"Have fun on your date, darling." I never mentioned another date to him??