Chapter 30

"What do you mean..?" Did William actually like me?

"What I meant was-" William was interrupted by the waitress.

"I've got your bill, just send me over when your ready." The waitress put the bill down on the table and left. What was William trying to say?

"I'll pay." William said in a more serious tone.

"How do you even have money?" You chuckled. He wasn't really human after all.

"I have my ways." William put on a sly smirk and placed money onto the table.

"Thanks, William." You grinned and Williams gaze went from the bill to your face. He returned a smile back.

"So...what do you want to do for the day? I have the whole day until I have to go back to Springtrap."

"What can we do? Didn't you say you would get recognized in public?" Williams face shifted into a blank stare, as if he was deep in thought. He took a few seconds before answering.

"That's correct. We should probably lay low for a while..." his tone had turned serious.

"Okay, but where do we go?" That was the question of the hour. William seemed to be as clueless as you were.

"Hm, I'm not sure. We would probably be noticed if we were walking down a main road, so I suggest we go somewhere more, private." I shuttered slightly at the last word. Was something going to happen between us?

"Alright. What do you have in mind?"

"I know a place. Follow me, darling." William quickly sprang up from his seat and walked towards the door. You followed behind him.

The two of you walked out the door and went towards the woods again. You were quite surprised by how well William knew the outside world. He probably hadn't seen it in years. Your gaze shifted towards him and you noticed something very unusual for the first time. He had scars all over himself. How have I not seen this before? They weren't huge, but there were multiple of them.

"Hey William, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get those scars?" You pointed at the dots on his neck and he put his arm around the cut. His eyes focused on yours as he moved his hands around the wounds.

"It's from the spring locks on the animatronic suit." You were very confused by this.

"How does it leave scars if you're dead..?" You hesitated at the word dead. You weren't even sure if he even was.

"Well my human form is based on what I last looked like before I died, which was when I was being cut by the spring locks..." it seemed pretty traumatic for William, as he struggled to finish his sentence, so you decided to change the topic.

"So, where are we going anyway?" His body seemed to have felt some sort of relief, and he let out a sigh before answering you.

"You'll see. I just don't want Henry following us, so we can't be in public." Are we just going to hide for the rest of our lives? I don't want to live like this...

"Okay...but what about a long term solution? We can't hide forever." William's eyes darted to the grass and he had a sad expression on his face.

"Yes, I agree. I'm going to come up with a plan soon, love." Like what? If you're being hunted down by everyone, what's going to stop them? You decided to stay silent for a while and process everything that just happened in the last 24 hours. William seemed to have done the same.

————

You were about 2 hours into the walk when you and William finally arrived at the destination. It was another house. It was very similar to William's, it was purple and looked abandoned. You couldn't help but wonder who's house this belonged to, but you decided to let William make the next move.

The two of you walked up to the door and he knocked. Why would he knock? Before you could ask the door sprang open and what you saw was shocking. The man looked just like William.

"Father?"