Chapter 29

You and William sat down at a booth in the diner. You had so much to say, but yet, you couldn't speak. It was all too much for you to process, but you took a deep breath and began. You wanted answers.

"Alright, I want answers." You started. Before William could respond, you spoke again.

"First of all, how are you alive?" He looked slightly disturbed by your question but answered seconds later.

"It's something with remnant. Although, you probably wouldn't know what that is, dear." Remnant. You took a mental note of that and moved onto the next question.

"Okay...what about the people who were hunting us down?" You asked in a more demanding tone. William let out a sigh and looked back up at you.

"Those were, I assume, employees of Henry Emily. He was my business party at Freddy's before I became Springtrap." You've heard of that name before. Henry Emily. It was on the news and you can recall it had something to do with missing children.

"So then why were they after you?" William shifted his gaze elsewhere. You could tell he didn't want to answer the question, but you both knew he had to.

"It's a long story. A long time ago, there were missing children at the pizzeria. Henry blamed me for it and shortly after I died?" He seemed unsure of his death, himself.

"Anyways, Henry soon learned about the form I took, and started sending people after me. He discovered the only way to destroy remnant is by burning us. So that's exactly what he did, except he found out it didn't work, and I assume he sent his employees to finish the job..." That was a lot to take in. You sat in a silence for a few seconds processing what he had just told you.

"So basically, kids died. Your friend blamed you. You died, then you came back. Then, he's trying to kill you again?" William stared back at you and gave you slow nod up and down. You let out a sigh as the waiter came around and asked for your orders.

"Hello, what may I get for you two?" The cheerful waitress asked.

"I'll have a coffee, please." William answered.

"I'll have (f/d)." You responded shortly after.

The waitress wrote down your orders and nodded. She walked away shortly after and you two stared back at each other.

"So why does he blame you?" The question both of you wanted to avoid. But you knew it was time to ask.

"A lot of evidence was pointed towards me. Especially after my son died, he thought I did it as some sort of coping method." You forgot about his family history and you felt sympathy. The man's whole family was pretty much dead or gone. You started to regret asking, as you knew it was probably a touchy subject.

"Y/N, if you are asking me questions...can I ask you some?" William suggested.

"Yeah, but you aren't going to find out anything interesting." You let out a quick giggle and William smiled in return.

"I still don't understand how you just turn into a human." Your face quickly shifted into a confused look.

"It all has to do with remnant. I don't even completely understand myself, but I'm glad I can." He grinned and your face shifted back to normal.

"What about-" Your question was interrupted by William.

"Nope it's my turn to ask." He said in a cocky tone. You rolled your eyes and awaited for his question.

"You haven't forgotten about our dates, have you, love?" He asked with a huge smirk on his face. I actually have for a little, but thanks for reminding me. You weren't sure how to answer, it was a tricky situation. After all, you talked behind his back right in front of him...

"No..." you said in low pitch.

"Neither have I. In fact, I think we're due for another one..." you knew what he was suggesting and your cheeks flushed with red.

"I thought you only went on dates with me, so I would come back the next day..." you suggested with embarrassment. William let out a loud chuckle and was amused by your statement.

"Darling, of course I would want you to come back, but what I said at the bar was true."

What.