58. Handshake

There was a crack, so loud Jungkook could hear it even through the buzzing in his ears, the blood dripping off his brows clouding his vision, but his opponent stumbled then crushed down on the ring

Seconds long like in some time loop, sounds coming and going.

"Jeon Jungkook is the new world champion!" A man was yelling to the microphone when it finally clicked through all the pain and exhaustion.

There was trainer Jung running on the ring to close him into a tight hug.

"You did it! You did it!" He was shouting patting his arms.

Jungkook nodded trying to keep on his feet, the overwhelming feeling of a done job taking over and he raised his gloved fist towards the blending lamps. The room exploded with applause, the officials coming in with a huge trophy he took lifting proudly.

The former world champion was picked up from the floor and was trying to stand. They shook hands quickly, the sea of flashes was hurting in Jungkook's skull, but it didn't matter. He did it! He has really achieved one of his biggest dreams.

The reporters surrounding him yelling questions when about twenty minutes later he was making his way backstage, but his team escorted him through the crowd into the silence of the changing room where the physiotherapist and doctor immediately started to treat him.

"Congratulations Jungkook. We knew you will become world champion," they were grinning widely but he closed his eyes to give his wounded body some rest.

It was an hour later when he pulled the hood of the jacket over his head making his way towards the underground garage. Trainer Jung and the team wanted to throw a party, but he had an urgent plane to catch.

"Jungkook!" A known voice made him turn.

There was a man his age with bushy dark locks standing in the corridor watching him seriously.

"Tae?" He asked buffed.

"Guess it's me. Couldn't miss your champion's fight. Congrats."

"Thanks," Jungkook felt heat storming to his cheeks.

"You have a minute to talk?"

"Sure, there's a restaurant space at the back of the arena, we can grab something to drink," Jungkook was still so stunned as Tae has been the last person he had expected to meet here.

"Lead," Taehyung chuckled, both leaving the backstage area to find that fortunately empty restaurant.

"A coffee," muttered Taehyung towards the young waitress.

"Same, and some water," Jungkook sat down at the table, his body so heavy. "So what brings you here?"

"Your fight," Tae was looking at him, but Jungkook could find no hate nor regret in his eyes.

"I know I have fucked up badly, but I really had no idea how to tell you, when this all was happening you were studying in America and I didn't want to worry you, then it became kind of embarrassing to tell and after you came back it turned out you have a major crush on Jimin and I didn't have the guts to break your heart."

"You did anyway, but I'm past the phase of hating you to the core. I guess meeting someone special has really helped me," Tae blushed.

"You mean Seokjin?" Jungkook raised his brow.

"Of course you know! Ah! The man can not keep any secrets."

"Your coffee sirs, and water, anything else?" The waitress came back.

"We're good," muttered Jungkook so she left quickly. "So are you and Seokjin?"

"We're hooking up," Tae wasn't making eye contact. "Ok, we're dating. I'm crazy about him. The worst thing is, his scent tells Mate."

"For real?" Jungkook almost shouted.

"Yes, how will I tell my parents that my mate is an alpha."

"It doesn't matter, alpha, beta, omega. The most important thing is you have found your mate. Wow! Congratulations."

"Yes... I guess I'm not so different from Jimin, I was living in a self created illusionary world. The first time I've met Jimin I was so disappointed as his scent didn't say he is my mate. How couldn't he be my mate. Even worse, his sexy alpha manager smelled like everything I've ever wanted, so I was trying to escape it, foul myself into believing Jimin is my mate. I almost convinced myself."

Jungkook nodded, had he known that earlier, Tae was indeed right about him and Jimin being absolutely similar.

"I still think you're a lucky bastard though, your mate is Park Jimin, how can someone be born so lucky."

"I'm asking myself the same question, but I'm not complaining," Jungkook burst out with laughter.

Both trying to hold in the chuckles for long moments.

"So, I was super upset with you," continued Tae after a while. "But I know you since we had been your son's age and were fighting over the shuffle in the sandbox. You did the wrong thing Jungkook," he looked him straight in the eyes causing a shiver. "But, you are my brother, and you forgive your brother even the worst shit. Come here, congratulations on your win," Tae suddenly stood up stretching his arms out then Jungkook needed a second to grasp what's going on before lifting from the seat and closing his best friend in a tight hug.

"Thank you Tae, I have missed my brother so much."

Both holding each other for a while till pulling back.

"So, am I invited to the champion's party."

"If you would like a piece of cake my mum has prepared we will eat in the apartment tomorrow afternoon with Minie and Jimin you're welcome."

"So no huge hitting clubs in LA?" Tae raised his eyes open in shock.

"I need to catch a plane. Jimin's dance class in the national dance academy starts at 10 a.m., I need to be there."

"When is the plane?"

"In... oh my! In 45 minutes, we need to make it to LAX! Are you coming with me!" Jungkook started to sprint out of the restaurant when Tae left some bank notes on the table then ran behind him.

They reached the car jumping on the backseat hurrying the driver up.

"By the way, I still want to hear the whole whole story," Tae grinned.

"We have a fourteen hour flight so a lot of time for that," Jungkook smiled, the wounds of the fight long forgotten as his heart was so overfilled with happiness because he had regained his very best friend.

Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback. What do you think about Jungkook's win and Tae coming to see his fight and make up? Will they come in time for Jimin's lesson?

Much <3