daddy issues

23

23. 爸爸问题

EREN & ARMIN
warning. sensitive topics.

"daddy stuck around but he wasn't present
cheated on your mom but she never left him
first i didn't get it, now i understand
he broke her heart, left money in her hands"

Eren clasped his hands against his ears.

Here they go fighting again.

He knew the anger that was in the atmosphere was soon at any point going to be directed at him.

"You don't even care about us anymore!"

"Carla would you stop with this shit!"

What was he supposed to do? Say something?

Of course not.

Eren's childhood was anything but bright and happy, his childhood was something he never wanted to remember nor think about.

It was cycles of his parents arguing, emotional abuse and taking care of his grandma at such a young age because the adults themselves were incapable of being the adults they are.

The days of his father calling him useless, his grandma unable to comfort him, hug him and whisper that everything would be okay.

She never spoke.

It was like neither of them cared about him or her.

The bitter sweet of his mother being able to say anything to Eren when his father would practically spit on him with words.

"Why can't you do anything right."

"I'm sick of you get back to your room."

"Don't talk back to me you stupid child."

"Fuck you and your mother!"

The nights coming home drunk...the shouting..the banging...the inappropriate touching and sounds.

He hated every moment of being in that house.

Eren wanted to feel what happiness felt like.

And he did find it eventually.

Through the hardships of his life, he found that one tip of happiness through his best friend.

Armin.

Armin was everything to him, the whole world, and more.

Armin would always remember the soft pitter-patter of Eren's knuckles against his window every night, glassy tears and frown against his face.