she knows

30

30. 彼女知道
"she knows, she knows,
bad things happen to the people you love
and you find yourself praying up to heaven above
but honestly, i've never had much sympathy
cause those bad things, i always saw them coming for me. i'm gonna run, run away."

Armin wasn't stupid.

In the circumstances that he had been put in of course he had to be extra careful plus extra aware of his surroundings and oh did Mikasa make a grave mistake to follow him that day. More so entering that station to collect files.

His blood was practically boiling through the roof after the phone called he had just revived from his old family friend that he had gotten the files from.

"Armin's wife is absolutely beautiful."

"What are you idiots talking about? The boy hasn't even graduated yet!"

"But sir..some lady just came in here claiming to be his wife and asking for a copy of the files."

"You fucking idiots! You're fired!"

When given information about the so called woman claiming to be his wife right after he had left the station he knew exactly who it was and boy did it only make him angrier.

It made him feel paranoid.

What files were given to her? She was clearly intending on handing them to you and that was not the plan, at least not yet.

Not in the moment of time. Not at all.

God knows which ones she had.

Either way it was bad news.

He needed to get those files out of her hands.

Armin hadn't been able to touch food after receiving the information he had gotten. Hina had left multiple missed calls and he hadn't gotten back to her, not even once. He knew she'd be angry but he needed time to stomach what he knew and stomach how to tell her.

He could've never guessed the same incident that happened years ago would follow like this but he knew he had to swallow his gut and get serious. He had loose information in someone's hands. Someone that shouldn't have such information.

So he decided to reverse his plan and this time, without Hina's acknowledgment.

The next following day he made sure to follow Mikasa. Just as she did. He bugged her surroundings with microphones. Her car, her phone, her house and practically everything.

Mikasa had decided to hand you the papers she received and tell you about everything that following night. Armin had heard and confirmed this all through a call that Mikasa had with Sasha.