people you know

31

31. 镀金百合
"haven't i given enough, given enough?
haven't i given enough, given enough?

always the fool with the slowest heart"

Your mind was blank.

Unconscious and yet still feeling very self conscious of your surroundings and hearing. You could hear noise. Rushed voices and whole lot of beeping. You wanted to open your eyes and lift yourself up but it was like you had no control of your body in that moment. It felt like your hands had been tied down and you'd been blind folded only left to hear what's around you.

You hated it.

You hated how in and out of consciousness you were.

One minute there was talking, the next those same beeping noises and then complete silence.

You couldn't hear words, you could hear murmurs but never transparent words.

What's going on? What's happening?

When Eren had gotten a call from Jean and heard what had happened he almost felt his stomach dissolve completely.

He immediately gathered everyone as soon as he had notified them of the current conditions you and Mikasa were in.

Everyone was sat, everyone except Eren and Jean.

Both boys were pacing around, unable to stay content in their seat.

Eren tried. He tried to sit down but he couldn't. He just wanted to see you, he needed to see you, he just wanted to know you were okay.

He texted you barely hours before hearing the news and you were perfectly fine. You were supposed to be tucked in bed with your favourite takeaway, waiting for him.

Waiting for him to come home to you.

How could this happen? Would you had been safe if he had just stayed home with you like you wished? He felt sick. He felt at fault.

Just like Jean.

Mikasa was pregnant. She was vulnerable, the most vulnerable she had ever been. He couldn't afford to have her in any sort of physical danger.

His heart had almost plummeted when police reported to him that his girlfriend that was carrying his child was being hospitalised due to a car accident.