Prologue - Starting Of The End

The person lied unconscious before her. She put a finger on his neck to check if he was alive. The pulse was not there. She stood up, turned around and walked around 10 steps then stopped. She glanced at her hands which had black gloves on. The blood was not visible but she could feel the fluid on her skin. She looked up, the sky was dark. With her eyes shut, she started laughing. She laughed like a maniac. She turned around and looked at the corpse. She sat down on the cold grass and shouted, "That's how you deserve to leave this world. Burn in hell, bastard".

She giggled and a tear rolled down her cheek. Glancing once more at the lifeless figure, she stood up and left.

The jungle was dark but she remembered the directions to the shrine. The shrine, which was now more than just a place to visit for her, looked like it was inviting her .

She stepped inside and examined herself in the very first mirror she saw. The mirror reflected a woman, a murderer, with blood stains all over her clothes. She lifted the ax that she held in her left hand, took off her black mask with her right, and licked the blood drenched ax. Keeping an eye contact with herself in the mirror, she smirked devilishly.

Finally, she decided to enter the shining purple entrance which stood in the middle of the shrine.

Holding the ax in one hand and her mask in another, she walked up to him. He was sitting on his throne, his eyes were closed, looking like he was in some deep thoughts.

The man didn't notice that she had returned. She sat down beside his feet and rested her head in his lap. He opened his eyes and looked at her head. He put his left hand on her head and stroked her silky hair. She started sobbing.

"What's wrong?" he asked calmly.

She stood up slowly and faced him. He looked at her with an expression of horror.

"You did that again", he exclaimed.

She sobbed.

He examined her. Her white t-shirt was blood stained. An ax she carried was totally drenched in blood. At last, he looked at her face, closely. She had blood on her lips.

"You need to stop doing that", he yelled.

"I tried but I can't control myself when it comes to killing", she said with a helpless expression.

He glanced at her then explained, "I was talking about that blood licking thing. Don't do that. Humans carry diseases and you are a human too."

"Huh? About that? I-I get carried away", she answered.

He stood up from his throne and stepped closer to her. Holding her arm firmly he said, "Y/N, you should stop killing too, else you will get in trouble."

She looked him in the eyes and replied, "No, it's fun taking the lives of those who deserve it."

The man wanted her to be safe. She had done enough killings and she was just steps away from disaster. Come what may, he was always there for her though he couldn't see what the future had. He could only warn her.