Welcome Back

He huffed and turned around, just like the past four times, there was not a single soul behind him. He knew that he was being followed. Shaking his head, he sat down on a rock which felt cold enough to freeze anyone's butt, but curses were on the safe side. "What's your motive behind chasing me?" asked Sukuna.

No response.

"I know you're here. Come out or-"

"Or what?" Y/N emerged from darkness. "You'll kill me?"

"No, but I might do something else," he winked. 

"Says the one who is even afraid to breathe the same air as me. You are all talks."

"Aww... Guess I made a bunny angry," he chuckled. "So, why chasing me?"

"Just want to know where you live." Y/N shrugged.

Sukuna sighed. "Okay, look," he began. "I will take you to my place next week." Y/N was the most stubborn human he had ever met. However, he had grown accustomed to her manners. "I don't know what makes you so curious about it."

"A promise?"

He narrowed his eyes at her in confusion. "Since when you started believing in promises?"

"A promise?"

"A promise." He nodded.

"Okay, but why not today?"

"There's a village nearby and those villagers are preparing for some kind of ceremony."

"So?"

"So do you want to disturb them and become their prey?"

"No." But couldn't she sneak in at night? Yes. Then why wasn't he taking her there? She dropped the discussion inside her head.

"Good girl," he said in a husky and soothing voice. "Now go back home. It's getting colder outside."

Y/N peered at the sky with suspicion and had a feeling that it might snow. "Will I see you tomorrow?" she asked as if a kid asking his mother to come sooner after she sends him off to school on his first day.

Sukuna looked in her eyes gleaming with hope. He swallowed the urge. The urge to hold the girl he loved in his arms. 'How unlucky!' he thought. "Yes, you will," he answered.

Y/N smiled. "I'll leave then." Her thoughts protested against her words, which was usual when she used to be with him. "Bye," she waved at him.

"Bye," Sukuna responded.  In reality, he could not understand the concept of 'bye.' Why do people say that? In his time, centuries ago, people used to bow down, give respect and then leave. Not that he cared. He had always been cruel. He sent humans to another world whether they give him respect or not. However, before becoming a curse, when Kyouka used to be with him, he never said 'bye' to anyone the way people did now.

Y/N was exhilarated and nervous at the same time. Excited because after five months he finally agreed to show her his house and panicked because she didn't know what secrets he was hiding there. The warm and cozy environment of her room made her fall asleep.

At eight in the morning, she was brushing her teeth when her doorbell rang. She rolled her eyes. 'Why can't he stay at home on Sundays?' Satoru was kind of annoying but she knew she would miss him if he stopped his nonsense. She cleaned up quickly and opened the door for the weirdest idiot she had ever met. To her surprise, he didn't come alone this time. Yujji was standing beside him with a small white box in his hands. He held it so firmly that it was not hard to guess the fragility of what was inside. She smiled at him and whispered excitedly, "Hi."

"Hi," Yujji whispered back matching her energy. Time heals the wounds and it was clearly visible in Yujji's changed attitude towards her. "Puddings for you," he whispered again while giving the box to her.