Liberation

Mio sat in her office and tried to connect all the dots. She did a thorough research on John Rudd. All the details about John being a pervert, abducting Y/N, trying his luck on other young ladies and following Y/N from her home country to Japan, were on her table. Mio wanted to believe that Y/N was innocent but could not ignore all the data she had gathered. There could be a possibility that all the other murders were done by her. All the killings had two similarities: first, knives were used as the primary weapon (except two killings, one was committed with a gun and another one with an axe), and second, all the deceased were involved in some kind of sexual assault. 'If she knows how to kill, then how was she beaten up in the cell,' Mio thought. She called her team and ordered them to go to Y/N's apartment and search for any kind of weapon, mainly knives.

Two hours later, the team returned with nothing. "What's this non sense?" Mio was frustrated. "What are we missing? There should be something."

"Oh wait! We found something weird while we carried out the search," one of the cops said and showed Mio a picture of a box. "This box does not have any opening and I think something is there. You can ask the girl how to open it."

"Good job, I'll ask her."

Y/N was once again called to the investigation room. Mio was already there. She pointed to a chair and told Y/N to sit. "How are you doing?"

"Not fine. It's been 20 days already. I am dying to go home."

"Well, I guess you are never going back. Rather, you might be awarded with a death penalty."

"And what makes you say that, detective?"

"I got to know about your long going grudge with Mr. John. You had a reason to kill him, so why wouldn't you?"

"What's the proof?"

"Your blood."

Y/N chuckled, "Blood without a single wound."

"Okay, okay. Mind telling what this box contains?" Mio showed her a picture.

Y/N narrowed her eyes trying to process the dark picture. "What is it?"

"Found this under your bed."

Y/N knew things were about to go wrong but managed to keep a straight face. "Oh, this box? I've never used it. I don't know why it's there. There's no opening to it."

"Are you sure you have never used it?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you sweating?"

"The cell was cold and this room is hot. Sudden change in temperature."

Mio laughed. "Do you have any idea about how can we open this box?"

"No," Y/N shrugged.

"We'll have to break it then."

Y/N swallowed.

"Can we break it, Y/N?"

"Y-yes, why not?"

"Alright then," Mio punched a number on the wired phone resting on a table in the corner. "Yeah, go to her apartment and break open the box."

Y/N could feel her heart racing.

"There's something else that I want to tell you, Y/N," Mio said while sitting on a chair facing Y/N, who was looking at her feet and lost in her thoughts. Mio nudged her, "Earth to, girl."

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

"Someone saw you murdering John and five other men that night."

Y/N chuckled, "Really?"