Is That The End?

What they saw was not pleasant at all. Mio was being surrounded by some curses. She appeared to be extremely frightened. Her efforts of attacking those monsters were useless however she was able to dodge their attacks smoothly. They were certain that she would not be able to handle them at all. Y/N made a suggestion of helping her but Yujji said otherwise as he remembered what Sukuna said. 'She is not alone.' If there was someone who could make Sukuna lose his calm, then how could they two deal with it? Mio could probably be a bait to catch Sukuna or worse, Y/N. They were safe as long as they stayed hidden but that might be the death of Mio.

Yujji came to his senses when he saw Y/N sprinting towards Mio. Another hoard of curses was approaching them and he knew he had to act at full tilt. Running towards them, he yelled, "Mio, run."

As soon as Mio heard his voice, she dodged the attacks and started sprinting away from the temple with Y/N and Yujji behind her and an army of hideous monsters on their trail. Y/N and Yujji knew that they could not run forever. Those curses had their vision fixed on Mio and they would not leave her alone. Y/N clutched her daggers and stopped to face the curse who looked like a bull with extra four arms. Y/N could hardly differentiate between the grades of the curses. All she knew was that she had to end their lives. She attacked it from all directions and succeeded. Yujji, on the other hand, exorcised another curse.

In spite of all their efforts, curses kept growing in number. Mio was dodging as many attacks as she could and Y/N and Yujji kept attacking the monsters as quickly as they could. Y/N threw a dagger at Mio who caught it and joined them. As the time passed, the fight grew intense and all three of them ran out of stamina and were thoroughly lost.

"I need you," Yujji whispered. All the monsters that were attacking them like hungry wolves froze. Y/N couldn't remember calling Sukuna but there he was, back in Yujji's body. Mio sagged in relief when she realized that she would not have to defend herself, at least for some time. Sukuna read the swarm of disfigured and odious looking creatures. One by one they started retreating. Something told Y/N that they would not return. She slipped the daggers back in her sleeves.

"Can I have this one?" Mio asked, raising the knife that Y/N gave her.

"As long as you don't use it as evidence."

"It has my fingerprints now so no harm to you."

"All yours then."

"Thanks."

"Why did you come back?" Y/N crossed her arms as if she was questioning her daughter who came home drunk after a late night party.

"To find you, of course."

"What made you think that I was here?"

"Satoru Gojo."

"That small ass weirdo."

"He didn't tell me that you would be here but I figured it out from what he told me."

"This place is not safe for you. Don't you remember what happened last time?"

"Come on. Why are you guys treating me like shit today?"

Y/N looked at Yujji in confusion then back at Mio. "You guys? You mean Yujji said something mean to you?"

"No, it was someone else. Forget about it. I am here to arrest you."

"Against what charges?"

"Murder."

Y/N smirked. "Proof?"

Mio looked at her in silence. She slumped against a tree and closed her eyes. It was true that she didn't have any proof. The whole story was open before her but there was nothing to prove in the court. Even if she arrested her and tried to beat a confession out of her, Y/N always had the privilege to deny it in the court, besides Y/N could use everything against her. Even though she was there to perform her duty and arrest Y/N, she could not deny the fact that this time she was able to breathe because of that murderer only.