The Transfer

The day was a total waste except for the offer of transfer. Before going to bed, she opened her laptop to check emails. There was one from someone called William Cyrus. It read, "Hello Y/N L/N, you are being transferred to Hida, Japan. You will receive your official letter tomorrow by post. I will be keeping the place a secret from everyone so that no one can reach you."

She was thankful but there was no expression on her face. She replied that she was grateful for his kindness and slept.

Y/N spent the next day indoors. The only person she attended was the postman. She finally received the official transfer letter and was ready to start a new life away from everyone she knew. There was a small note with the letter which indicated her to go to the office the following day for her farewell party.

Next day, she went to the office at the given time, only to be a part of the party. Nobody really knew what the celebration was about. When William announced that Y/N was leaving them for her better future, everyone was shocked. Some interns looked heart-broken while some women looked happy. After the party was over, some gave her best wishes, while some were too scared of her cold reactions and then there was John, who looked like an idiot. Before leaving, William told her that she had to join within a week, all the arrangements were done and that he was always there to help her. She thanked him for everything.

Y/N didn't have to worry about finding a place to live or anything else, she just needed to get her ass there. She didn't wait for a week and left within two days. William accompanied her to the airport and reminded her that he was just a call away.

Her flight landed at midnight. There was a woman waiting for her at the exit. Y/N went to her and introduced herself. The woman was very excited to meet her. She introduced herself as Jane. Jane was a cheerful lady, she looked like a sixteen years old teenager who just met her favorite fictional character.

Jane drove Y/N to her new apartment. Y/N thanked her.

"Oh come on, Y/N, I was very much excited to see you," Jane said in a high pitched voice.

Y/N smiled a bit. She said, "Good night, Jane. Go home safely. See you soon."

Jane giggled.

Y/N got confused. Is she crazy or what?

"I live here only, just two rooms away from you," Jane explained.

"Well, that's nice."

"Yeah. So, good night, Y/N. And one more thing, you have several days before you join, so do explore the surroundings."

Y/N's next day was spent unpacking and making the apartment her home. At night, she stood on the balcony and sipped her coffee. Moments later, she saw a monster-like creature roaming around the building. "Hallucinations," she rolled her eyes. She had been having these hallucinations since childhood and was not bothered by them anymore. Only the fact that this one was a bit bigger.

The following day, she went to explore the area. Her quarters were away from the main city which made her feel peaceful. Very first, she examined the building she lived in, it was only four floors tall and she lived one floor above the ground.

The area was forested, however, there were some people who looked like villagers. She saw a man going towards the forest. She had nothing to do so she went behind him without him noticing. Weird. On the way, she saw some more monsters. 'These hallucinations are being a problem now,' she thought.

Following the unknown man, she reached a small village. She felt so calm watching people live a natural life away from cities. She went further inside the village. People gave her weird stares. Of course, they were not ready to accept the stranger. Y/N ignored them and kept going. After crossing the village, she reached a lonely area. A big temple-like structure caught her attention. She noticed some more monsters around the building. She rubbed her eyes. 'They won't just go away,' she was irritated.

Y/N now stood at the entrance of the temple. Someone shouted something in Japanese. She didn't understand so she paid no attention. Ignoring everything, she stepped inside. She felt strange, like something was trying to throw her out. Resisting the feeling, she went further in. Some footsteps were heard behind her but when she turned around, no one was there. She reached the middle of the building. The architecture was splendid. She then looked at the statue that stood tall in the middle, which possessed two faces and four arms. It looked creepy. She was an atheist so obviously, it didn't scare her. She examined the statue while moving around it slowly.

"Do these people really worship a demon-like creature?"

Y/N heard a laugh which grew louder and louder. She got cautious. Someone was there for sure. The laugh was growing louder. She covered her ears and yelled to stop. It didn't stop. She yelled harder, "Stop!!" No change.

A faint figure of a man with red eyes looked at her from behind the statue. It was getting harder for her to bear with the loudness of the laugh. She looked at the man for help but he just stared. After all the struggle, Y/N fainted.