Hallucinations

She woke up and found herself at home. "But how? I was in the temple then someone laughed, this can't- no- no- I can't be hallucinating," she said to herself. She glanced at her feet, the shoes were still on. "Yes, I knew this was real. But how did I come back?" She had no clue about what happened. "Jane? Nah, she didn't know where I was going, then how?"

'The door must be open if someone brought me here.' She rushed to check the door, which, to her surprise, was locked from inside. 'Ghost?' a thought crossed her mind. "No, there's no such thing as ghosts," she brushed it off. There was only one way to find out. "I have to go back."

It was evening already, going back at that time was not a good idea. She still had two-three holidays left.

Next day, she decided to go back and clear all the doubts. There were more monsters on her way than the previous day. Some made weird sounds. She reached the temple within half an hour. A man wearing a dark purple coat and pants stood near a big wooden box outside the temple. She faced his back. The man was tall and his hair was white. "I don't get it, why do people dye their hair white," she muttered. Villagers there didn't seem to understand English, so she could say whatever she wanted. She began to enter the temple. The man said something, she didn't understand. She turned around and said, "I'm sorry, I don't und-." The man looked handsome. Although he had a blindfold on, yet he looked charming. Y/N wondered what his eyes looked like.

"You were saying something?" the white haired guy spoke.

"Oh! I-I was saying that I don't understand Japanese."

"I see. Then answer my question in your language."

'Wait! He understands English, which means he understood my comment about his hair. Shit!' she thought.

"I'm talking to you, little girl."

"I'm not a little girl. I'm 24."

"Really? Your height and your face contradict your age."

She rolled her eyes.

"Why were you going inside?" he questioned.

"Why are you wearing that blindfold? Can you even see?" she questioned back.

"I asked first."

"I just wanted to explore the temple. It looks beautiful."

"I am wearing a blindfold because I don't like sunlight."

None of them were convinced with the answers they received.

"What's your name, little girl?"

She was piqued but kept a straight face.

"It's Y/N, what's yours?"

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Satoru."

"What's the meaning of Satoru?"

"No one really asks that, you surely are an interesting little girl. Meaning of my name is to have knowledge. A lot of it."

"And what's your age?"

"Huh?"

"Your age, I asked."

"I'm 28. Why?"

"Stop calling me LITTLE GIRL! You're just 4 years older than me!"

He stepped back. A monster roamed around them and went behind the temple. She observed it. Satoru observed her observing the monster. 'She can see them and isn't even scared.' He couldn't help but ask, "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing, just some crazy hallucinations."

Satoru didn't question and smiled.

She had a neutral face. Once again, she began to enter the temple.