The Mysterious Man

"How are you feeling?" the doctor asked.

"Good," Y/N replied.

"Does your head feel heavy?"

"No."

"Good. For how long have you been taking that drug?"

"Which one?"

"Aspirin."

"Not for so long. Took some yesterday. Other than that, I don't remember."

"That's why the reports are normal."

"When can I leave?"

"In an hour."

"Thanks."

"Take care," the doctor said and left her ward.

"The amount of salicylate in her blood is not very high," the doctor told Satoru. "But the symptoms of poisoning are moderate. She does not remember how long she has been taking that med. Although she said she was good, drowsiness is visible on her face. Stay close to her. Don't let her take those tablets anymore. And I'm giving you a list of other symptoms, if she shows any, let me know."

Satoru left with a list of symptoms and a prescription. After he collected the medicines from the dispensary, he went to Y/N's ward. He was astounded to find her asleep again. He called her name while putting the packets of medicines on the metal table beside her bed. Y/N opened her eyes and looked at him. "Are you alright?" Satoru asked.

"Yes."

"We need to go. You are discharged."

"Okay," she said and left the bed.

They drove to her apartment in silence. Y/N looked at the broken door in confusion. "Sorry," Satoru said and rubbed the back of his head. "I'll call the carpenter."

"Thanks." Y/N went inside leaving Satoru in the doorway.

"Am I not invited?" he asked.

"Come in."

"Your house is a mess, little girl. Don't you think you should clean it?"

"I want to sleep."

"Again?"

Without any further explanation, she went to her bedroom and lied down on her bed to take another nap. Satoru went in, held her wrist and made her sit with a jerk.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked back.

"Nothing."

"Then why are you behaving like this?"

"Like what?"

"Have you eaten anything since you returned from my house?"

"I don't remember."

"Why did you break your phone?"

"It was noisy."

"Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"I didn't want to talk."

"Why?"

"I wanted to sleep."

"What's the point, Y/N?" he yelled. "Why do you want to sleep all the time?"

"I don't know."

"Alright. Why did you take those pills? Did you want to kill yourself?"

"No. I had headache."

"And how many pills did you take?"