I Choose to Live

Sukuna got up from his throne and approached Y/N.

"What do friends do when they meet?" he asked.

Y/N shrugged.

He stepped closer and wrapped his arms around her. She felt her cheeks getting hotter and butterflies in her stomach.

"That's how you say hello to your friends," he said.

"Guess, I'll have to say hello to Satoru like this."

Sukuna pulled away and went back to where he was sitting.

"You can go back home," he said looking away.

"I was just teasing you."

He didn't say anything.

"Fine, I'll leave," she said looking around.

"Why?" he asked.

"You don't have a place for your friends to sit. I'll bring something next time and then we'll talk."

Sukuna closed his eyes and let out a chuckle. Y/N smiled.

"Come here," he ordered. She followed. He patted his thighs. "Sit."

Her eyes widened and her face turned red.

"What's wrong with your face?" Sukuna asked.

She looked away without answering. He pulled her and she landed on him. Her face was a few inches away from his. She swallowed and pulled away.

"Why are you so scared? I'm not doing anything to you, don't you get it?" he was frustrated.

Y/N read his face and stepped closer to him. Without a word, she sat in his lap. Her right side faced his chest. Her action made him smile.

He pointed at her headphones and asked, "Why do always wear this thing around your neck? Sometimes it's on your head. You even sleep with this."

She took her headphones and put them on Sukuna's ears. She took out her phone. 'No network,' she noticed. There were some downloaded songs.

Sukuna was patiently looking at her. She found the song she was looking for and played it. The moment music started, his expression changed to a confused one but with a smile.

'This fire in my head's got me on edge,
I'm going out tonight.
Faded on a thread, don't know what's next,
I wanna feel alive...'

Sukuna didn't really get the lyrics but he closed his eyes and felt the music.

"That's something really good, little girl," he said.

"I'll save more next time."

"But why do you wear this all the time?"

"It keeps the boredom away, keeps the reality away and also I don't have to listen to people's shit."

The red eyed man laughed as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I should go," Y/N said. "Satoru might come checking on me."

Sukuna understood. "He told you to stay away from me, didn't he?"

Y/N nodded.

"I'll let you go but the goodbye has to be proper."

Y/N looked at him trying to figure out what he meant. She stood up, took her headphones from him and told him to close his eyes. He did.

"Okay, 3... 2... 1...," she ran towards the door.

Before she could reach, he jumped before her blocking her way. "I'm not satisfied," he said.