The Plan

Next morning, Inumaki came to the hospital with fruits. He sat and waited patiently for Y/N to wake up. He needed something to pass the time. Some books on the table caught his attention. There were five books in total. He picked up the first one, the cover read, 'The Reckoning' by John Grisham, second one, 'The Confession' by John Grisham, third one, 'The Guardians' by John Grisham. 'Fan of a particular author,' he thought. Reading the back covers, he realised they were all about murders and legal stuff. The next book he picked up was 'No Longer Human' by Osamu Dazai. He didn't read the description and started reading the book. He went through some pages and felt strangely sad. 'Is that why she's like this?' he thought.

Y/N slowly opened her eyes and when her vision got cleared, she caught Inumaki reading the book. "Don't read that one," she screamed. He looked at her smiled. She melted from this gesture of him. "There's a book on the table with the title, 'Theodore Boone, The Accomplice,' read that," she suggested.

Inumaki realised that he didn't check the last book. Since the girl was already up, he didn't want to read anymore. Y/N got up from the bed and Inumaki stood close to her, in case she fell. She told him to sit and went to the bathroom. She returned in not more than ten minutes. Inumaki gave her an apple but she wasn't allowed to eat it, so she denied. Glucose kept her alive but she desperately wanted to eat something good.

Inumaki hardly spoke and his vocabulary was a bit hard to decipher for Y/N. Around two hours passed, she wanted to do something as she was bored. She started to get out of bed once again. Inumaki said, "Don't move."

She looked at him and said while settling back, "Alright, I won't move. Give me my laptop, please."

Inumaki was clueless. 'How is she still moving?' he thought. His cursed speech didn't work on her. He picked up the laptop and gave it to her.

Y/N shifted to create some space on her bed. She patted the empty space, "Sit, Inumaki." He did as she said. "Let's play a game," she suggested. He did a thumbs up and smiled. She turned the laptop on and opened the browser. She thought for a moment and spoke, "Let's search for random names and see if there's any such person."

Inumaki shot a confused look.

"It will be fun, trust me."

"Okay," he whispered.

"I'll go first, and yeah, if there's actually a person of the name we search, the one searching gets a point."

The boy smiled in agreement.

Y/N typed, 'Olivia Rayne.' Results read, "Author of the book, 'My Mother The Psychopath.'"

"One point," Y/N screamed.

Inumaki narrowed his eyes at her.

"No, honestly, I've never heard this name in my entire life."

He nodded.

They found some more details about Olivia. She took notes and decided to buy her book.

Inumaki typed a Japanese name. A sumo wrestler appeared. They watched some videos of him which were funny. It was the first time Y/N saw Inumaki laugh so much. The boy looked adorable and she smiled widely looking at him.

"Okay, we're on one-one," Y/N said. Next she typed, 'George Anderson.' Results showed that he was a Youtuber. "He's cute," Y/N complimented. His name on YouTube was 'Spifey.' They checked out some of his videos, they were enjoyable.

Inumaki, once again typed a Japanese name. A beautiful girl appeared in the results. They went through some of her photos and found out that she was a model.

"Two-two," Inumaki said.

"Yeah. Are you enjoying?"

He nodded.