A New Beginning

Broken trusts. Y/N was a culprit and Y/N was a victim. Anyway, Y/N loved the kids but they hated her now, especially, Yujji. Sukuna could sense it too. Satoru didn't exactly see her as a bad person. He wanted to find out the reasons behind all the mess. Why was she driven to such an extent that she murdered people? He knew Sukuna was involved but Y/N was the brain behind everything.

Satoru and Yujji kept coming to check if Y/N had woken up. Four days after the incident, she finally opened her eyes. She was immediately shocked with her surroundings. It was neither her apartment nor hospital. Satoru stood at the entrance, unsure if she remembered him. What if she doesn't? Cautiously, he stepped in and waited for her to break the silence. Finally, looking at him, she spoke in a raspy morning voice, "Where am I?"

He hesitated for a moment then answered, "At my place."

"Why?"

"Y-you fainted at the park yesterday while we were walking."

"Park? Walking? I don't remember."

'Do you remember me?' he wanted to ask. After she got no response from him, she got up and began to leave. "Where are you going?"

"Home."

Yujji entered the room. He looked at Y/N and ignored her and to their surprise, she was not bothered at all. 'Does she remember everything?' Satoru thought. "I'll send you back," he suggested.

"I'll go on my own. Thank you for your hospitality."

"When did you become so formal, little girl?" Satoru chuckled.

"I am...like this," she said and looked at him.

Satoru and Yujji noticed something different yet something familiar. Her eyes looked dead just like the first time they met her and it bothered them. After no one said anything, she left.

"We need to keep an eye on her," Yujji suggested. "She might be pretending."

"I doubt," Satoru said. They both stood still while thinking of her. "Oh! She forgot her phone."

"I'll give it to her." Yujji took the phone and rushed to find her. He wanted to know if she remembered him. He found her sitting at the bus stop, staring blankly at her feet. "Y/N?" he called. She didn't respond. "Y/N?" he called again with a nudge on her shoulder.

"Yeah?" she looked at him.

"Your phone."

"Thanks, Yujji." She took the device and began staring at her feet again.

Yujji stood there and stared at her in confusion. 'Why is she acting so weird?' he thought. The bus arrived but Y/N was too lost to notice. Someone brushed past her knee and she came back to reality. Yujji was still there but she didn't see him and boarded the bus. As soon as the bus went out of his sight, he went back.

Y/N noticed a thin layer of dust on everything in her apartment. "Why is everything so weird? Why do I feel so strange?" Door to her bedroom was ajar. She peeked to see if someone was there. Once she was certain that there was no imposter, she entered the room and found that the window was open. A strange sound caught her attention and she looked outside the window. "Fucking hallucinations," she cursed. Ignoring everything, she went back to sleep.

"What all has she forgotten, grandpa?" Satoru asked the old sorcerer.

"Everything about the king of curses and the murders."

"Anything else?"

"You will have to find out on your own."

"You are useless, grandpa."