Lies

Yujji poked Mio in the cheek. Soft! She slowly opened her eyes. Focusing on the environment, she was hit with the sudden realization that she was in the temple last night. Curiously, she looked around. A familiar setting, familiar room but not hers. Y/N's apartment. "How did I get here?"

"That's what I was going to ask," said Satoru. He was holding his chin as if he were in some deep thoughts and was looking at Mio or maybe not, that blindfold caused a lot of confusion.

Yujji sat on the bed right next to her, innocently looking at her pale face and trying to imagine all the possibilities of how she got there. Did she sleepwalk? Was flying around casually at night her hobby?

Mio could still feel the taste of that strange drug she inhaled the previous night. Her nostrils still burned. Clearly, that was all real. All those monsters were there. She was surrounded, worst, she was about to go to heaven or maybe hell, who knows? The moment she turned to Yujji, Sukuna's face flashed before her eyes. Yujji's hair and Sukuna's hair were the same, only difference was that Sukuna kept them up and this pretty boy let them fall on his forehead. "I saw him, he was right there. Right before me."

Gojo handed her a glass of water. "Come to your senses," he said.

She took the glass and emptied it in not more than three gulps. Wiping her lips with the back of her palm, she got out of the bed. The window was open and she, cautiously, with small steps, moved towards it. It was around eight in the morning. Sunlight reaching the land through thick, wet trees after so much rain was rare and mesmerizing to look at. She stared deep into the jungle, not sure what she was looking for but definitely wished to see someone.

"Now, now." Satoru stood behind her. "Let's stop whatever you are doing and thinking. You have to answer a very important question, in detail."

Mio turned around and read his face, for some unknown reason, he was always smiling. "I want to tell you a lot but not here. Let's go to my house."

Satoru parked his Lexus in Mio's parking lot. All three of them got out of the car in unison as if they were acting in a movie. Scenes of last night occupied Mio's thoughts and Yujji poked her in the arm. "Open it," he said, nodding at the door.

"My bad." Mio entered the code and they entered the house. "Wait in the library. I'll see you both in ten minutes." She went to her bedroom.

Yujji had never been to her house before and every decoration, every furniture, the paint, the lights, everything his eyes landed on was praiseworthy. They sat in the library. Satoru started inspecting the mess she had made on the board which was as white as milk last time he visited.

After twenty minutes or so, Mio joined them. She grabbed a chair from the corner and sat on one of the empty sides of the table. "Before you shoot your question, I want to tell you what I found out."

"Did you find Y/N?" Yujji asked., desperate to hear about the adventure and where Mio had hidden his very dear Y/N.

"No, I did not." She began with how she was trying to find a lead in the case the previous day and how her mind suddenly stopped at the temple. She chose night to carry out her search because she was convinced that the villagers would be sleeping but she was unaware about how hideous curses look and she could not kill them even with bullets. What a waste it was to give empty threats to those creatures. She now understood that they didn't even understand the language she spoke. Her explanation was brief about the failed combat. Of course, defeat was not hard to accept but telling others the story about it was embarrassing. When she mentioned she saw Sukuna and perhaps, he took her to Y/N's apartment, the rug beneath Satoru's feet was pulled.

"Where were you last night?" Satoru asked Yujji.

"I was sleeping in my room." Yujji could sense Satoru's glare even through that black, unwashed and full of germs blindfold.