Secrets come out!

A/N I do apologise for not being able to upload anything to any of my fics, life happens. I ended up with COVID and an ear infection😒 it hit me pretty hard tbh with you. I do hope you enjoy this chapter and enjoy the story that's unfolding.

Once I am done with these I'm moving onto the next 'series' of these fics that'll follow the recent series of Doctor Who from Jess's perspective. Don't think she's gonna like Dan very much at first or maybe not at all 🤫, take care everyone and enjoy.

They run, and they run. Until they come to a dead end.

Jessica's hands grip her knees as she leans down gasping for air. "Those extra cakes are fighting now." She jokes trying to lighten the room.

"What exactly did you do?" The Doctor, also out of breath, turns to her daughter after scanning the area with her sonic.

"I, I dunno." Jessica is telling the truth, one moment she is eating a Victoria sponge, the fourth one. About to get onto the fifth one.

And the next thing she knows she's being shot at. By a very angry looking man.

The cake went up in a blast.

"Are you sure? He aimed for you. Just so happened that you dropped your fork at the perfect time for him to miss." The Doctor was angry and you could hear it in her voice.

Not exactly at Jessica, but definitely at the man who shot at her daughter and a little just a tad, maybe a bit more than a little upset with her daughter as she knew she was definitely the target.

She noticed the look in the man's face. The eye that turned as his head creaked round to look at his target the way his hand raised and his hand shape shifted into a weapon. Definitely a robot as such but she also detected that he was part human too. A cyborg at its finest and a very advanced one at it.

While at the restaurant she scanned the cyborg her sonic had just finished scanning it beeps softly only she could hear, she looks down at it. And knows. Just knows.

Jessica laughed.

"There is no time for laughing, there is no way out." The Doctor scowled her daughter.

"I was laughing at the fact the timing of when he shot and the fork imagined I didn't go for more cake? I'd be regenerating now." Jess chuckled. "I mean granted I dropped my fork but I'd that fifth piece was not there and I dropped a fork I'd not pick it up. Well, not straight away anyways."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that..." the Doctor shook her head.

"What do you mean ?" Jess wondered, straightening her back. As she leaned back up. Her back audibly cracking as she leans up.

"His weapon is very advanced for this time especially in any other time/planet but Gallifrey, since that's time lord technology. And it could very well be used on you and actually stop you from even thinking about regeneration let alone doing so." She looks at her daughter.

Jessica gulped.... Really?!? She thinks. What has she done? She has no clue, she doesn't understand what's going on.

"And by the looks of things he's from definitely from Gallifrey and is also an Assassin. A Gallifreyan assassin, with human emotions and needs. So they can make their own minds up as such. To kill. Or not to kill. Stupid if you ask me. Only two were ever made. A very long time ago. An experiment by a daft old TimeLord, And both got destroyed. Which begs the question where did he come from?" The Doctor was puzzled.

Jessica shrugged. "Beats me." She didn't quite understand herself, but the face of the cyborg was familiar to her. But she couldn't quite place it.