Head over Heels.

The Doctor and J went on their own little adventure as the Fam were asleep, they both couldn't sleep.

They went out to a restaurant no long after getting back from saving some water creatures. The Doctor was hungry and decided they'd go eat. She knew her daughter would definitely enjoy some food.

However the Doctor was having some cravings for this delicious lobster sandwich that she and River had once in this luxurious restaurant. So she told J to look her best.

She even went and changed herself into her suit that she wore when she came in contact with her oldest friend and enemy. The Master.

She couldn't stop thinking about him, and if he managed to get out? Who is she kidding? She knows he'll pop up at some point again. She just hopes not anytime soon.

J had gone for some black skinny jeans, a shirt, a black waistcoat and a Purple Jacket with burgundy high knee vans. The Doctor then realised it was her 11ths Regeneration Jacket.

"Hey, that's mine" she protests.

J "Are you wanting to wear it?"

Doctor "No..."

J laughs "Well I'm borrowing it." She gives her Pa some puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, Okay" she smiles and they head on out.

When they get to the restaurant they are seated at a lovely table mid in the restaurant and their waiter approaches them he is a young man. He smiles at them both warmly and gives them their menus.

"Hello, My name is Tom and I'll be your waiter tonight Ladies. I will give you a couple good moments to decide what you would like to eat!"

The Doctor "Oh I already know" she smiles

"Yeah but I don't" J laughs

"Oh yeah, yes. Yep okay sorry." The Doctor picks up her menu and pretends to read it J shakes her head.

"Is there anything else I can do for you both? Would you like some water? A drink? We have some lovely wines in today" Tom smiles J goes to speak.

The Doctor shakes her head "Water for now thank you" he does a little nod and walks off.

J "Awk no fair" she pouts

"No alcohol for you young lady. Not after the last time" the Doctor shakes her head at her daughter. "Worse than your Mother." She laughs remembering her time with River here.

She thinks to herself 'I miss you River' as she hears a familiar laugh.

She looks over to where the laugh came from to see her 11th self and River over by the windows. She drops the menu.

"Erm? Pa?" J was confused and looked to where the Doctor was looking.

"Oh" she says.

"Least you are not wearing this Jacket." She laughs.

"Yes no that is before then" The Doctor smiles at her daughter.

J "Do you want to leave?"

Doctor "Oh no I don't remember bumping into us so we should be fine." She didn't remember it was the truth but she also didn't want to leave even if it did cause a paradox just seeing River laugh right now is soothing her soul. It warms her hearts and she just feels so much love for her wife yet sadness.

Her 11th self puts his hand in Rivers, The Doctor does a scoff and huffs.

J laughs "Don't think it's polite to be jealous of yourself" she laughs.

The waiter comes back with the water "Are you both ready to order?" He wonders.

The Doctor looks at J. She nods.

Doctor "I'll have the finest lobster sandwich thank you with a side of oysters. And your best sparkling water." She grins.

J "I'll have the double bacon and Pickle burger with extra pickles and fries with cheese sauce all over and a diet cola thank you" the Doctor shakes her head.

"What?" She laughs innocently. The waiter goes with their order.

"Out of everything you could have had you will always go with a burger no matter where you eat" the Doctor laughs.

"Not true I was thinking about the pizza or well I don't know" J giggles

The Doctor was listening but also was watching her past self and her wife, it was a memory in the present and she absolutely adored seeing this even if it also slightly shattered her hearts from not being able to walk up to her wife and pull her into a long loving passionate kiss.

The Doctor turns too J "Did your mother ever tell you why she never came back? We haven't seen her since well" she clenched her jaw shut.

"O" J said drinking some water.

The Doctor nodded her head.

J shrugs "She said she'll be back when it's all revealed. Whatever that meant but she also said she won't be able to see you for a very long time after she sees you. And I've no clue what she means."

The Doctor scrunches her face "Intriguing" J phone pings.

She laughs. "What is it?"

"Just ironically Mum" she laughs and turns as the Woman approaches their table.

River stands with her back to her husband as she reaches the table she looks down and smiles warmly at her daughter "Looking beautiful sweetie" J smiles back at her.

"Thanks Mum." She giggles.

"River?" The Doctor was a little confused.

"Sorry sweetie, this is the last you'll both see of me for some time. And I know it's not going to be long Sweetie but please" She looks at Her wife "When it comes to it remember I'm always with you no matter where you are in the universe no matter what version we both are with I'm always there" she taps her wife's chest gesturing to her hearts.

"And remember it won't all be gloomy and you'll get out. I love you sweeties best get back before you decide to come over." And there she went back over too her husband

"What does she mean" J was super confused.

The Doctor grinned "You know your mother."

And in union "Spoilers" they both laughed.

"You are so head over heels for Mum. It's super cute" J laughs.

"I will always love your Mother. She means more to me than anything in the universe and more to me than either of you will ever know" The Doctor smiles over at her wife.

"I know" J laughs as the waiter comes over with each of their meals.

"I hope you enjoy it," he says and leaves them as another brings the drinks.

The Doctor and J both enjoyed their dinners, they talked for some time about just little things then big things well mostly the Doctor rambling on about a lot.

The Doctor also kept grinning over at her wife, admiring  her from afar but close up as she remembers her thoughts of how beautiful this woman was to her in person. How much of a goddess her wife really is. How much she loved her then and still does.

They finished up their meals and soon enough we're back in the Tardis just in time for the Fam to be awake and ready for their next adventure.