"GOOSEBUMPS"

JAHANI.

If I knew that Slim planned on taking me out to a house party tonight I wouldn't have bothered coming along. I assume that's why he didn't tell me, to make matters worse, he was off somewhere probably landing himself in trouble. Glancing around the room to see a sea of faces I didn't recognize, all in a world of their own that I felt like I was unattached from. But that's when I felt a pair of eyes on me, she was like a sore thumb sticking out of the crowd of people. In of all things, a hoodie too big for her and long curly hair that fell down her back. She seemed way too innocent to be in a place like this, although she was mean mugging like Frida Kahlo.

Her eyes drifted away from mine as she glanced around, I parted my lips as if she could hear me from across the room. Biting on my bottom lip I didn't pull my eyes away from her as a tall light skin stalked towards her—maybe her boyfriend, I assumed while momentarily glancing away. The previous bored stricken fave twisted with irritation as she looked anywhere but in his face. He lightly grabbed at her hand from which she yanked away from and he raised his hands in defense backing off, "Bitch!" She flicked him off, rolling her eyes.

A shorter girl quickly came to her defense, comforting her and clearly completely off her ass as she began shouting obscenities towards the random light skin. I cracked a smile while she grabbed at her friend and shook off the previous altercation. Her dark eyes glanced back up towards me as she furrowed her eyebrows and whispered something to her friend before walking away and towards me.

Fuck.

"Yo, you getting any play?" Slim bombarded me, making me stagger. Completely side-tracking me from the goddess sauntering towards me. His eyes red, watery and low with his signature goofy grin.

"You good?" I held him up, as he began laughing hysterically and speaking gibberish while she was still walking towards me.
"What?" I pulled at my goatee realizing that Slim had said something. He shook his head and began spitting game on some girl with a big butt and a smile.

"Excuse me?" A voice spoke near me, glancing down to meet her eyes that pierced through my soul. She had her hand outreached, decorated in rings and some tattoo that looked like a mandala, in attempts of grabbing the bottles of liquor aligned behind me.
"Oh, my bad." I swiftly moved out of her way, trying not to stare too hard at her as she placed a piece of hair behind her ear and popped open a bottle of brown liquor that she poured into a SOLO cup.

"You know it's rude to stare, right?" She said without looking at me, I immediately glared down at my shoes and mumbled an apology. I could feel her smiling.
"From around here?"
"Southside through and through." She drank more than I thought she was going to and I don't know why it intrigued me so much.

NOVA.

Subconsciously running the tip of my finger along the rim of my cup while Gucci Mane blared throughout the section 8 home. I'd already been annoyed that I even allowed India to drag me out of the comfort of my bed, this was supposed to be some kickback. Yet we were in a random house on the Southside with 150 deep, easily, and there was bound to be a fight with the thick animosity in the air. Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw a roach scatter across the floor.

"Girl, fix ya face," India peeped my mug, rolling a blunt."You need to chill and enjoy yourself," I rolled my eyes tired of this speech she always decides to throw at me.

"I'm not feeling this scene," She sighed dramatically while dragging her tongue over the blunt. "I would of been much happier in my damn bed, minding my business."
"Of course your homebody ass would of." She sparked the blunt and brought it to her lips. India began smoking with some guy friend of hers I didn't know all too well, while I felt someone staring at me. Glancing up I met a pair of eyes near the kitchen. Not much of him I could make out from the lack of light and without my glasses-but I definitely knew he was staring at me.

From the corner of my eye I could see someone approaching me, a tall light skin. "What's up shorty?" He closed in on my personal space while I simply stared at him.
"Can I help you?"
"Just trying to see what's good with you."
"Not shit." I rolled my eyes and glanced him up and down.
"So it's like that?" Ole boy chuckled, liquor so strong on his breath I could taste it. He attempted to grab for my hand until I snatched it away roughly.
"I'm good, thanks."
"Stuck up bitch." He scoffed, while india' head shot up quickly.

"Take ya wack ass on somewhere, nigga!"
"Shut the fuck up!" He smacked his teeth.
"Fucking make me, bitch!" India drunk ass jumped up, practically stumbling, he furrowed his eyebrows and looked like he was going to rush up on her before people began looking.

"India chill, please." I held her back as she was still mumbling shit.
"I hate niggas, acting like he can't get fucked up. I'll mace the bitch." Holding back a laugh I shook my head at her all tight and out of her shoes. This girl was 5'4" and ready to beat up some 6 foot something dude.

"I'm going to go get a refill, promise you not gon' Mayweather nobody."
"You know I can't promise that." She shrugged while flipping her bundles over her shoulders.

As I made my way through the crowd, I countlessly got bumped in to or drinks nearly spilt on me. Walking into the kitchen I was near him and I felt him glance me over slickly,"Excuse me." I asked softly allowing him to shift the opposite direction. Smiling sheepishly down at my old sneakers as I could feel his eyes piercing through me.

He had to be one of the finest dudes I've seen in person. At least to me. Maybe it was the fact that he didn't resemble too many of the guys around here. Standing around six foot something complimenting my 5'11 frame, his skin was like onyx. Smooth and deep. He had a little facial hair that adorned his sculpted face, dark slanted eyes where long eyelashes hung and pink plump lips that surrounded his Colgate smile that had a faint gap between his two front teeth.

His slim, lanky stature in black washed denim, a large white tee beneath a graphic hoodie and clean white Nike's that looked as if they came straight out of the box. In his large hand, accessorized with silver rings, was a SOLO cup that smelt of Vodka. His eyes had been low and glossy implying that he had to be smoking.

A smirk pulled at the corners of his lips as his eyes never shifted off of me. "Ya know it's impolite to stare, right?" I rolled my eyes up at him. Damn he was fine.
"Was I staring?" He licked over his lips making me stifle a laugh.
"Drooling, really." I brought the cup to my lips.
"Hm," He stroked his facial hair, squinting his eyes towards me."I could of recalled you staring me down too shorty." I felt myself blushing harder than intended to.

"Only because I felt you staring first," I retaliated making him chuckle. The vibrations of it making goosebumps form on my skin, nibbling into my lips.

"Guess I can't help but to stare at pretty girls." He licked over his lips. His eyes were low from him smoking making me breathe shakily. I looked down at my phone when I realized India texted me,"Sorry, I've got to go." Beginning to walk away before I felt a light grasp around my wrist, he pulled me back towards him. My heart sinking. I watched as his mouth move but I couldn't hear due to the blaring music and the fight that just broke out, "Wha-?" I was cut off by some girl bumping into me.

"Yo, watch out!" He barked, the girl mumbled an apology.
"You didn't have to be that rude," I chuckled and moved in closer to him. He hunched his shoulders.
"You never gave me your name."
"It's Nova," I answered, smiling.
"Jahani."

"Novs, the Über's here." India informed me before her eyes shifted from me to Jahani, then smirked.
"Bye," I glanced over my shoulder once more at him as India and I maneuvered our way through the chaotic crowd.