"YOUR NATURE."

NOVA.

I could feel it happening. Slowly, but it was happening. I prayed every night that it wouldn't happen, but it was inevitable. I fell for him. This was going to ruin everything, everything that I, Nova, stood for. I craved his presence like the most addicting drug on the market, without him consonantly around I felt like I'd been going through withdrawals. Every waking second was occupied by the idea of him. What he was doing, who he was with, and if he was okay. I couldn't stop no matter how hard I tried.

It's been weeks since I've got a call or anything from him, like he just disappeared from the face of the earth. Every call was sent to a number that was no longer activated and Vaughn didn't know much of his whereabouts. Did this nigga die on me? Somehow I was more able to take those circumstances than if he was just not feeling me anymore.

"Why your face look like that?" India pouted, cutting her chicken and putting it on the same fork as her waffles. I shrugged my shoulders, slurping down the watered down lemonade.
"What's wrong? This about Jahani?" She smirked causing me to roll my eyes.

"Honestly, fuck him. Clearly something has his attention and it isn't me, maybe we were just meant to be friends, he probably wasn't  even feeling me the same way I was-"

"Girl boo, the energy you two got. Clearly he feels otherwise."
Slightly smiling as I picked at my plate,"So there's no need for you to be stressing, I'm sure he's going some through shit. If you so worried ask Slim where ya boy been," She nodded behind us seeing that Slim was heading out with a bag of food in hand.

"Slim!" India called out before I could, causing some faces to fall on our table. Shaking my head as he stopped at the table,"What's up girls?" He licked his lips down at India, as she reciprocated the energy. Nasty.
"Where has Jahani been?" Slim's eyes widen slightly as he scratched the back of his neck.
"Uh, what you mean?"
"I mean, I haven't seen him in a few weeks now and I'm worried about him."
"Oh, he straight...just handling some things." Quirking my eyebrow towards Slim."Handling things like what?"
"Them questions you need to have with your boy," He shrugged his shoulders as I looked back towards India. "It'll sound better coming from him anyways, little sis."

"Basically, Novs feels like Jahani playing her and messing around with somebody else-" Slim turned back towards me.
"He not stupid, he wouldn't do no  shit like that. He's falling for you hard. I promise when I say it don't got much of anything to do with you, it's home shit." Slim sighed heavily as I knitted my eyebrows. When it came to Jahani he didn't talk about his parents or family outside of Ducky.
"But if you tryna see him, he's over there on Bodega and Larson."
"Okay." I nibbled on my lip and thumbed through the money in my pocket before paying for my meal and leaving a tip on the table.
"You just going to dip then?"

"I want to make sure he's alright," I anxiously nibbled on my lips, passing the two and out of the restaurant to my car that'd been parked on the meter. By the time I was parked inside of the building, my palms grew sweaty and my knees were knocking. I don't know what I was nervous about. Yanking the heavy door open to be greeted by the stale piss smell and dullness of the cigarettes as I climbed myself up the oak stairs, they creaked with every step of my Vans. My long legs did two steps at a time until I came to the eleventh floor of the building, being greeted by the August heat. Stepping out on the roof and being greeted by views of the city, Jahani glared over his shoulder when the door closed behind me.

"What you doing here?"
"Uh, Slim told me where you was at." I sighed slowly as I'd been standing beside him, inhaling the heavenly scent of his cologne. It brought me comfort and secureness. He nodded, hardly making eye contact with me. "What's going on with you kid?"
A sly smile pulled at the corners of his lips, he stifled a laugh. "Could ask the same, how you been baby?" I became all flustered when he cooed those words. But that's what he tended to do, distract my mind from the problem at hand. Him.

"Worrying about you, Jahani, you've been gone for some time," I turned towards him, glancing over the features on his face.
"I've just been handling things."
I rolled my eyes,"Stop."
"Stop what?" He frowned, coming closer to me. Instantly making me feel small. Stepping back some and looking into his low eyes. With him it felt like a never-ending fire, elevated on some mystical love.

"I-I want you to be real with me, I can't force you to tell me everything or anything for that matter. But you never talk about your home life. Only let me in so much having all of these walls up. I'm not going to judge you, Jahani. I care about-"
"In all due time, baby."
"This distance is becoming too much. I c-can't lose you, Jahani, I don't know what it is-"
"You like me or some shit, Novs?" He smirked lazily making me stifle a laugh.
"What?" I blushed crazily.

"I asked if you liked me," I felt my heart fall in the pit of my stomach as I began playing with my fingers.
"I-I care about you." When I looked him in his eyes that became pools of honey, I could only smile. Jahani moved in closer to me, licking over his lips.
"I care about you, too." His thumb stroked my cheek making me roll my eyes playfully and look away. He stared off of the rooftop silently, we both were, but there was no need for conversation. I could just be in his presence and be perfectly fine.

Reaching my hand out and stroking his forming beard on his beautiful, brown skin. His dimples sunk into his cheeks before he glanced down at me.
"You are so beautiful. How did the universe come up with you?" I spoke softly.

"Guess my parents were good for something," Jahani stifled a sarcastic laugh as his whole body slightly tensed up again mine. Studying his face intently before lightly kissing along his jaw. "You really missed me, hm?"

"Don't flatter yourself." I attempted to walk away until his arms wrapped around my waist.
"You know," He began, licking over his plump lips."You got one smart mouth on you."
"So I've heard," I smiled and pecked his lips slowly and nastily.

India in multimedia.