"GOD IS FAIR, SEXY NASTY."

JAHANI.

The heat basked down on me as I sat on the stoop, keeping my eyes on the street and all that they held. "Where you going?" I knitted my eyebrows as Ducky's light feet skipped down the steps, glancing back at me while taking his bike off of its lock.
"Somewhere to mind my business," Slitting my eyes towards him as I leaned back on my elbows.
"Be back by the time the streetlights on." Ducky nodded as he jumped on his bike, rolling down the sidewalk out of sight.

Feeling the vibration of my pocket and sharply exhaling,"What's up V?" I smiled into the phone.
"I know that it's your day off and everything but I've got to sit in court for the next twelve hours-you being my only employee that I trust I'd like if you come and cover for me." Chewing on my lip and sighing away from the phone. Even if I would do anything for Vaughn it didn't take away from the fact that I'd much rather be doing anything but working another shift.

I irritably ran my hand down my head,"Give me twenty."
"Much appreciated, Jah, good looking out. I'll see you when ya get here," I ended the call and jogged back into the building.

"Hey Jahani, you doing alright?"
"Yes, Ms. Diane." She smiled sweetly before beginning to do her usual meddling.
"Your Moma alright? I haven't seen her in some time over there, she still using-"
"We're alright, Ms. Diane, thanks for asking." I shouldered the stiff door open and kicked it behind me with my foot, going into my bedroom to change. Pulling out a white tee, sniffing at it and approving it before throwing it over my head along with a pair of black jeans and sliding into my Nike Air Forces. I tucked my slim cuban chain and tucked my phone into my back pocket.

Jogging out of the apartment and walking towards Vaughn a couple blocks away while blaring music from my headphones. When I arrived it wasn't busy, thankfully, and the truck had already been handled meaning I only had to clean up and ring.

Vaughn nodded towards me from behind the counter,"Everything good with you V? You not on trial or nothing are you?" I arched an eyebrow at him while jumping on the counter.
"Nah, I done gave up that life a long time ago. Just jury duty," He shrugged with an exhausted expression. "Lock up by eleven, and if anything comes up just call me or the police. But I don't need them all up in my shit asking if I replaced them expensive ass security cameras."
"I got it, nothing new to ya boy." He chuckled lightly before slapping hands with me. It'd just been after one so I had ten hours to kill.

Handling customers was pretty easy and a lot of them were usual faces. The bell above the door chimed loudly,"Welcome to Vaughn's, if you stea-" Cutting myself off with an obnoxious grin as I seen Nova lean over the counter with her usual mug. "What's up?"
"The sky," She sighed softly and glanced around the empty store. "Where's Vaughn?"
"At court, you've been ignoring me?" I haven't heard from Nova since the night of our date about a week ago.

"I might have," She shrugged nonchalantly. Her attitude was something that needed to be handled but at the same time I liked it, let me know she wasn't going to take nobody's shit and I could respect that.

"So what you here for? You miss me or some shit?"
"Nah, it ain't even like that remember?" She cocked her eyebrow at me. I licked over my lips glancing her down over the counter. She was wearing a graphic tee with tiny denim cut off shorts. Her thick thighs exposed and the large dragon tattoo and her ass nearly out if she moved the wrong way.

I stifled out a laugh and scratched the back of my neck. "What you doing outside with them little shorts on?"
"I didn't know you were allowed to tell me what and what not to wear?" She rolled her eyes, popping her gum.