[EPILOUGE]- LOVE IN THE SKY.

This was long overdue, my bad but I blessed y'all with the final seven pages of Jahani. Still not completely happy with it and felt like the end was rushed but I'm my biggest critique ✌🏾️ hope y'all like it though. Thanks for all the love on this book!!

Nova chewed on her lips while analyzing every single word that Jahani said over the tapes. The time of his voice, the heaviness and the smoothing underlying everything expressed over it. She'd been listening to it religiously since it fell in her mailbox which was almost a month ago. A month he's been gone and everything was numb still. Now putting someone in past tense sent chills down her back. Jahani wasn't here. Jahani was here. She's been sitting in group therapy sessions hoping it'd help her some and even India was always a shoulder she could lean on, but it didn't take away from the fact that Nova had been drowning.

Involuntarily her bottom lip began to tremble allowing tears to flow down her cheeks,"It...it was just so hard for me to accept something so pure like you existed in my world. Shit you made me feel was so rare and love like that was only temporary to me. I've never been so serious about someone before in my life and here ya come, switching up the whole game--he laughed heartedly, making Nova crack a weak smile--but I didn't know how to properly do you right. I wasn't ready emotionally, mentally or spiritually to just let someone in just yet. I felt incomplete...like I hadn't been enough to provide you with what you truly needed. I was just fucked, man." Jahani cried for a minute, it was shaky and hard.

Nova paused the audio running her hands down her face before sharply exhaling. A light knock at the front door drifted her from her previous tasks along with startling her because she hadn't been expecting guest and her apartment wasn't necessarily showcased for company. "Just a minute," She spoke in an attempted steady voice but it failed her. Running around her apartment like a chicken with its head cut off throwing things in this drawer and in that can before raking her fingers through her hair along with a quick check over in the mirror.

Even if she wasn't going to admit it to herself she was still beautiful, despite the tears and the isolation of humanity. Her skin had been washed of its rich pigmented melanin, she had deep, dark circles beneath her once bright eyes and her face was sunken. But somehow she managed to have some spark of beauty within her. Unlocking the locks on the door before stepping aside to let in her bleak mother, initially Nova furrowed her eyebrows at her presence but stepped aside to let her in.

"We need to talk." Nirvana exhaled sharply through her nose, causing the septum ring to dangle, scanning her eyes over the chaotic apartment. Nova was an actual wreck right now, not only did her apartment display that but as well as her body and the odor lingering off of it. Nova slouched on the velvet sofa, moving things out of the way so that Nirvana could plop down as well. Nirvana wondrously glanced over the contents in a box nearby that she assumed belonged to Jahani, blinking around at everything before her eyes fell back on the bleak nineteen year old.

"You look awful." She blurted out, Nova didn't even budge just shrugged it off like a lot of things lately.
"What'd you come over for again?" Nova squirmed on her sofa uncomfortably.
"What're we doing? I really, really, like you Novs and I understand that you're going through a lot but I-I just can't help but think you're going off the deep end lately. Genuinely caring for your well-being ion wanna see that." Nirvana passionately expressed, her palms clammy the whole time. How the hell did this girl manage to get her all worked up and nervous?

Leaning against the back of the couch, Nova completely understood where she'd been coming from. Feeling like she was playing Nirvana when that hadn't been the case. "It's just with all that's going on it's hard...I like you too, really, really." Nirvana grinned and released the breath she didn't realize she'd been holding.
"We don't have to rush into anything, ion wanna...just," The two girls smiled as Nova' mind quickly drifted. Even if this wonderful girl who she could potentially see herself deeply falling for all she sat there thinking of was him. Jahani.