22|DESERVE IT.

JAHANI.

"I say we celebrate, my nigga done got accepted." Slim broke the seal on the Hennessy bottle with a wide grin.
"Man, it don't cause celebration..." I chuckled as he handed me the bottle and I took a swig. Feeling it burn the back of my throat,"Shit."
"Yes it does, Jahani, you on ya way to success. Doing somethin you always talked bout doing. That's why I fucks wit you." He dapped me up.
"But listen if I'm making it you making it, a'ight?" I spoke in all honesty. Slim was more than just a patna or anything like that, blood couldn't make us any closer.
"Nah, nah that's yo life...you gon be living lavish and shit, all wifed up with Novs and big headed kids. All that. Imma stay back on the southside hustling like a nigga know." I shook my head as he poured the liquor in a styrofoam cup. "Now look we ain't gonna get into details about that shit, we finna celebrate a'ight?"
"Alright," I tapped cups with him before his phone went off. He kissed his teeth before answering,"What's up?" He grumbled, turning away from me.

I heard a deep voice on the other end. They was definitely cursing him out. Slims face redden and he rubbed his head, sighing slowly. "Yeah, I got it. Alright." He hung up and gulped down another full cup

"What was that?" I frowned down at him. He was silent and I turned back to him after closing the fridge.
"Just business."
"Nathaniel."
"Hm?" He didn't lift his eyes from the phone.
"You know you ain't gotta front wit me. So don't." Slim ran a hand down his face before looking at me.
"I'm just in some deep shit, but ain't nothing I can't handle."
"What you do?" He shook his head with a clenched jaw. "Look I got the bitches heading to da spot so let's roll." He cleared his throat and ran a hand down his face.

•••

Everybody had been packed in the house lit as fuck, half of them I didn't know or didn't really mess with like that. "My boy going to college!" Ace shouted making me grin, he pulled from the blunt between his lips. "Ah, see ya girl decided to make a cameo." Kenny chuckled while I watched Nova made her way into the building, licking my bottom lip and yanking my pants up as I made my way towards her. Fine ass. She'd been in a forrest green crewneck, black jeans that was fitting nicely and her hair all in her face how I liked. Nova wasn't paying attention to me as she'd been talking with Slim and Money,"That's because you mean as fuck, Novs." She sucked her teeth.

"I'm not," The way she pouted was so damn cute, biting my lip as I snuck up on her.
"I ain't expect to see ya face," I clicked my tongue and pinched Nova's chubby cheek. She swatted at my hands while playfully rolling her eyes, I could tell that she'd already been high.

"Had to come and support." She smiled, blushing down at the ground. Licking over my lips slowly.
"Hm," I nodded at her and she giggled lowly before grabbing my hand. My boys whistling and I waved them off. We wasn't nothing more than friends, since that's what she wanted. Not knowing that I would gladly dick her down in front of all these people. Throwing my arms around her and muttering into her neck making her quickly wiggle out of my grasp, she shyly glanced away, biting into her lip.

Making our way through the crowd as her hips swayed to the beat of It's a Vibe. Going into the kitchen so that we were left alone,"So how you been?" She squinted, rubbing her lips together.
"I'm on this high I can't even get off right now. God just out here putting things in motion for a nigga."
"I'm proud of you," Nova leaned against the counter, smiling cooly. I felt like righting all of my wrongs with her but this wasn't the place and time for all of this. "What's wrong?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

Shaking my head and throwing an arm around her. I was content with her and the thought of losing her had all of my emotions out of control. I didn't know how to explain to her how badly I was falling, the way she had me. I made her feel like she was in it by herself. I knew that she was no doubt the one for me. I was looking in the eyes of the woman I wanted to marry and spend every waking second with. But even if internally I felt like I knew what to say.