28|GOLD.

JAHANI.

"So you and Novs, hm?" Ace smirked while downing the short glass of liquor. Shifting my eyes from the bar of the hotel towards him,"She got me chopped right now, talking about all she wants is to be friends." I stifled a laugh, running my hand forward on my fresh haircut.
"She still tripping over what went down wit ole girl?"
"I'm beginning to think it's more than that, shorty insecure and she feels like I'm just going to step out on her again. I wouldn't keep trying if that's what I planned on doing...she's just not getting that right now."

Money shook his head,"Love will fuck you up." Nodding slowly because if that wasn't the truth I didn't know what was, squinting my eyes down at the Casio watch seeing it'd been a little after eleven.
"Well, imma go check up on my baby and see y'all tomorrow." I dapped them up and made my way up towards her room she was sharing with India. Even if I offered her the bed in my room-originally that's how it was supposed to be us sharing a room but she wasn't vibing with that. I was trying to get jiggy with babygirl and she was highkey dissing me. It was going to be a long weekend.

For my birthday we came to Vegas on behalf of Sekou, all of this was him. I guess sorry was followed by dollar signs. Even if money wasn't going to make up for the years he's missed it was a good start.

I adjusted the Raf Simmons fishtail parka on my shoulders that'd been paired with black skinny jeans, OldSkool Vans, a skinny gold chain and a basic white tee. Leaning against the sleek walls of the elevator while scrolling through my notifications, running my hand down my face. The flight was long and even if I slept through more than half of it I was still exhausted.

Not even bothering to knock on the door of Nova and India' hotel room-knowing that I'd still get lip for just barging in. Stepping inside I didn't see either one of them but the room was a mess from everything being scattered around. We just got in less than a few hours ago,"India, what does it say?" Turning when I heard Novs voice from the bathroom I expected. All of the rooms had been set up like suites and it was all sleek and minimalistic. Standing in the midst of the dark hall with canvas art on the walls and a glass console table, leading into the living area that was right in front of the floor to ceiling windows that had a view of the city. The large rich royal blue velvet sofa with a faux fur blanket draped over it, a long glass and platinum coffee table with taupe chairs across from
the sofa and a marble wall that held the TV and entertainment center.

"You going to tell Jahani?" I furrowed my eyebrows and rounded the corner towards the bathroom that was ceiling to floor marble, LED lights beneath the mirror and sink, porcelain fixtures and glass doors. India had a huge grin on her face while Nova blankly stared at the ground.
"Tell me what?" The both of them quickly jumped and made an exchange as if I didn't see. India tucked her lips tightly while her and Nova had a full on conversation through eye contact. She nodded and quickly shuffled out of the room. A few moments later the front door was closing behind her, my eyes glared back down at Nova who'd been washing her hands and smoothing her stray hairs back into the slick ponytail.

My eyes traveled over her body in the Travis Scott Merch shirt and fitting leggings, "So you going to tell me what's up?" She wiped the corner of her lips that were painted in black lipstick, before glancing at me and sighing.
"Nah, nothing's up." Nova turned off the light and swayed her hips past me. Sliding her pedicured feet into a pair of slides before going into the kitchen offering me water like she was slick. Ignoring each time that I called her name because she was so deep within her own thoughts.
"Azalea," I called her by her middle name making her glare coldly at me over her shoulder.
"Don't call me that." She bitterly spat.
"Why? I like it...Nova Azalea Malik." Her eyes became even more slanted than they already were.
"Jahani Alexander Graham."
"I like my name so you not hurting me, baby." She smiled slightly before glancing down, I got off of the barstool I'd been sitting on coming closer to Nova.