17|THE BEDROOM.

NOVA.

Jahani was so confusing. He's been blatantly ignoring me and I was getting fed up with it. Just love me. Walking through Vaughn's as he'd been standing behind the counter, licking over his lips. He didn't usually work Thursdays and I was attempting to push the urge of turning around to go to another corner store.

"What's up?" He smiled at me. Narrowing my eyes on him as I kept moving. Everything wasn't good, I felt like these weeks have been a waste of my time, I was out here looking stupid. Glaring down to see that his name was still hanging from my chest, but I didn't yank it off and push it into my pockets. Something didn't allow me to.

Feeling Jahani's eyes piercing through me while I made my way down the aisles of the store. Licking over my lips purposely because I learned that'd been one of his weaknesses. From the corner of my eye I could see him coming from behind the counter. Shit. But he wouldn't do anything in front of all these people. Would he?

Sauntering towards the fridge for the door to be closed when I attempted to open it,"You just going to ignore me?" He spoke huskily. Now I knew what SWV was talking about when they made Weak. Biting my lip to hold in a moan as he pushed against me,"You nervous or something? Nothing makes Daddy's girl flustered," This the type of shit he knew I liked. Shrugging him off of me and forgetting why I was mad at him in the first place. His eyes were a trap.

Jahani backed me into the door of the fridge making me inhale sharply, "Aren't you supposed to be working?" I arched my eyebrow seeing that some people had been making their way in and out of the store.
"I could be working you," He bit into his lip, holding my hip as his other hand caressed the side of my face.

"Mm, could you?" I drug my teeth over my bottom lip.
"That's the vibe I'm getting from ya." Jahani moved in closer. Our chests now touching.
"I mean the pussy's tight," I bluntly responded, watching him get all worked up.

Laughing lightly as somebody called out to him for assistance. Making my way up to the counter and waiting for him to come back up to ring me up. Looking over my shoulder to see that he'd been mumbling to himself. Suppose that's the effect I had on him.

On his way back around the counter his hand collided with my ass making my face turn all kinds of red,"You find everything okay, miss?" I chuckled and nodded, pulling the money from my pocket before he shook his head. "It's covered." Jahani slowly licked over his lips, narrowing his eyes in on me.
"What's that look for?"
"Nothing, I'll slide by tonight." He stated more than asked.

When I got back home to an empty house I was relived. I felt like between my Mom and Nana they'd been suffocating me. We agreed to not have a funeral for Caio only because the fear of retaliation and it wasn't the place to be doing that. Placing my bag on the counter of the kitchen and stripping from my clothes, the heat had me melting. Before Jahani stopped by I figured to shower and tidy up the house. Hoping for no interruptions since that seemed to be the thing. When Nova was about to get her some it felt like the same time everyone to need me or walk in.

After an hour I got out of the shower throwing on a t-shirt with my dolphin shorts. Combing through my wet hair and running leave-in-conditioner through it. Fixing up my bedroom as I thought about how Jahani wasn't ready to see the freaky side of Nova. Scrolling through my notifications seeing that I got one from Jahani when I was in the shower saying he was on his way. Rubbing my body down with Bath & Body Works Beautiful Day and turning on the air conditioning.

When I glanced out of my bedroom window I seen him pulling up, grazing my teeth over my bottom lip as I swiped deodorant beneath my arms and sprayed the home with Febreeze. The nerves began settling in as I readjusted the pillows on my bed and closed my blinds in my bedroom making it incredibly dark so I switched on the string lights above my headboard.