"THE PARTY & THE AFTER PARTY 1"

NOVA.

Even if big crowds and parties weren't my thing it didn't stop me from taking the offer of tagging along with Jahani. He said it'd be an intimate gathering, if was far from it with bodies crammed in the large house like sardines in a can. Although we weren't doing titles, and definitely not dating, I enjoyed being around him and we were growing closer.

"What you looking like that for?" He glanced me over while he'd been standing in the fridge, before offering me a can of beer that I wasted no time cracking open, bringing it to my lips. I twisted my face up with disgust trying to gulp down the beer. "Novs?"

I met his eyes with a confused expression, "What?"
"You good?"
"Yeah...just a little anxious." I shrugged it off.

Jahani and I had been standing off to the corner of the dimly lit kitchen, him against the counter drinking from a SOLO cup while I'd been awkwardly standing there with a lukewarm beer in hand.  Out of being antsy and slightly uncomfortable I drug my teeth against my bottom lip as I often did when I was anxious. He looked me up and down heatedly causing me to grow stiff as I avoided looking at him, I moved my hair so it was covering the side of my face that he was burning a hole into.  Jahani had a darkness behind him that couldn't be explained but was so intriguing that I didn't take them as warning signs.

"What?" I attempted to say loudly but it came out meek and hushed. He began stalking closer to me and moved my hair from out of my face, staring into my eyes. Leaning against the counter while breathing unevenly. He licked over his lips slowly, expecting him to lean in and kiss me, I parted my lips slowly. "Your shoes dirty." His face didn't even waver and I rolled my eyes.
"They always are. That's how I like them." He nodded slowly and glanced over the crowd.

Approaching us was a tall light skin who wore a Kool-Aid smile and was either light skin or Spanish. He wore a dad cap and had small gold hoops in his ear and jewelry that was shining in the dim light.
"So what y'all over here doing? Making babies?" I slightly rolled my eyes and so did Jahani.

"Bye with that baby shit," I spoke through a laugh, looking over at Jahani who had his hands stuffed in his pockets and head tilted back.
"Surprised you not already knocked up with one the way Jahani talks about you." He smirked making Jahani suck his teeth. I smiled slightly not able to fight how hard I was blushing.

"Chill." Turning back towards him.
"So you don't talk about me, hm?"
"Wh-what I-"
"I'm Nova by the way." I stuck my hand out towards Jahani' friend and he grinned even harder.

"You got one with manners too? Keep her around, B! It's Slim, lil sis." He brought me into a hug making me chuckle. "She met the rest of the crew?" Slim glanced up at Jahani and he shook his head.

I felt little being hovered by all of their tall asses,"Y'all met Jahani' girl, Nova, yet?" Slim spoke while taking a drag from a blunt that had been rotating.
"The kid finally got him a girl," A dude a little shorter than Jahani with deep waves, chocolate skin and a faded beard to match. "I'm Ace, sweetheart." He introduced himself, revealing the grill on his lower teeth.
"Hi," I bashfully waved while Jahani introduced me to the others Kenny, Jermaine and Money,who's party it'd been.

"Where's Alex?" Jahani asked with me leaning against him as he was sitting on the stoop.
"You know how he be, but he said he'd stop by," Jermaine hunched his shoulders before a pretty, brown girl approached him. Mumbling something into his ear that made him stick his tongue out and his eyes go wide.

"Nasty asses." All of the guys spoke in unison causing me to chuckle.
"So where the two of y'all meet?" Money asked, he looked blown as fuck. Standing out in the August evening in a wife beater, basketball shorts with socks and sandals.