34|LIKE A LANA DEL REY SONG.

Have no idea how many more chapters there'll be left of JAHANI but I'm coming to that point of curing from writers block and not wanting to end. Also an honorable mention that JAHANI is #431 in Teen Fiction, a small milestone but an incredible one nonetheless.

NOVA.

The buzzing of the needle against my skin, piercing and dragging across it to leave permanent art against my complexion. Looking down at the needle etching the words into my skin,"What's the meaning behind it?" The tattoo artist, who's name was Nirvana-she was a beautiful Muslim-Somali girl with a few tattoos here and there. Her black hijab gracefully wrapped around her chubby, bronzed face.

"I suppose I'm escaping the past, the things that have been holding me back in this journey...escaping the fears of love, going against the norm and being me." I shrugged as I looked down at ESC boldly, fresh ink on my left wrist. Nirvana did one last wipe of the extra ink, smiling softly,"You're all done, babes." She allowed me to observe it before wrapping it up.
"It looks so good, thanks." I enthusiastically hugged her making her giggle softly while my phone rang in the back of my pocket. Knitting my eyebrows when I seen that it was Jahani before ignoring it, making a mental note to block him.

I knew it might of seemed spiteful or petty but if he wanted to break things off I didn't need him slipping his way back into my life after ending things. If I was going to get over him I needed him completely removed from my life. But how do you rid of the memories, the supposed love and undying passion.
"Everything good?" Nirvana asked softly, cleaning up her station. Glancing at the time before turning my phone back off seeing that it'd been a little before nine o'clock.

"Was I your last client?" Nirvana clicked her tongue before flipping through a pad scribbled with a plethora of names and times.
"Looks like it. Why?" I nibbled the inside of my cheek. "You wanna hang out? I mean, if you don't want to or have something better to do--"
"Nah, I'd like that," She genuinely smiled, calming my suspicious nerves. "What you have in mind?"
"Uh, my friend has this art show going on if you're down."
"Coo', lemme just get my shit and I'll meet you out front?" Nodding and stuffing my hands in my back pockets.

My phone once again vibrated diverting my attention to getting out of the shop and to my car, removing the phone and seeing a message from Jahani.

JAH😛: Can we talk?

Sighing heavily before deciding to block his number and make my way outside towards my car that had been in the lot, pulling towards the front to wait for Nirvana. After about five minutes and me killing time by scrolling through Instagram before she slid into the car,"I swear they act like that shop won't function if I don't stay." She shook her head, sighing softly. Allowing the heat of the car to warm the both of us up.

"I've got a genuine question," I stirred the blue alcoholic drink that had some fancy name to it, with salt around its rim. Nirvana met my eyes, skeptic of allowing me to question her before nodding for me to continue. "Is Nirvana your real name?"
She chuckled, seemingly relieved that's all I had to question her about,"No, it's actually Aamiina. No, I didn't name myself after the band Nirvana either. It's after the final goal of Buddhism...a transcendent state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self. I guess that related to my situation at the time being." She shrugged softly like her words didn't have any meaning.

"What about you?" Nirvana questioned, catching me off guard.
"What about me? Is my real name Nova?" She chuckled and it was honeyed like the rest of her voice.
"No, like who're you? Who's Nova?" I nibbled on my lip, knitting my eyebrows.