"HEART DON'T STAND A CHANCE. "

NOVA.

"You need anything?" Nana asked worriedly while tucking the sides of the sheets, snug around me.
"No, I'm fine." She's been smothering me, I'd been waiting for her to leave.
"You sure?" She pushed the curl out of my face, cleaning off the table beside the hospital bed. Studying her face she'd had bags under them from the lack of sleep, along with them being bloodshot due to the amount of crying.

"Yes, now get out of here and get some sleep. I'll be fine," I assured her with a weak smile as she sniffled.
"Ok," She wiped beneath her eyes. "I've got to get to the funeral home, looking at some headstones. Since, it was so unexpected there's going to be a wait. Usually takes two to three months to get one made."
"When's the last you heard from Noel?" Nana shrugged her shoulders.
"I've only got a hold of her once and she didn't sound too well, I'm just going to let her take time to herself. You know how she gets," Playing anxiously with the ends of my hair. "I'll see you later, okay?" She stroked my hair back, kissing my forehead gently.

Once Nana had left I found myself flipping through channels, bored out of my mind. Glancing up at the IV dripping since the nurse just changed it.

A light knock at the door caused my attention to fall towards the nurse at the door,"You have a visitor." She genuinely smiled as a large bouquet of flowers had been behind her and Get Well balloons.
"Hey," Jahani smirked, allowing the balloons to touch the ceiling. Blushing and glad to see his face.
"I'll leave you two alone," The nurse closed the door softly behind her as I looked back at Jahani's face, sitting up against the pillows weakly as he assisted me.

"How you holding up soldier?" Chuckling as I nibbled on my lips.
"I'm ready to get out of here," Sighing softly as he grabbed my hand, leaving small circles with his thumb. "Where've you been?"
He clenched his jaw and kept quiet. I didn't decide to stress it, whenever he was ready to talk about it I'm sure he'd bring it up to me. "They treating you right?"
"Yes, the food sucks though." I laid my head back on the top of the pillows, my eyes heavy. It was hard to sleep in this hospital.

"Well, I hope McDonald's will suffice," Excitedly taking the bag of hot food from him and began stuffing my face with the salty, greasy goodness of the fast food. "You know when they're releasing you?"
"Friday, I last heard. But I know I'm only going to go home to be smothered by Nana."

"I got shot once too."
"Really?" Jahani nodded before raising his shirt and turning, seeing the long stitched up scar along his spine. "What happened?"
"Wrong place, wrong time. Took it for Slim," He seemed to be reminiscing on the moment longer while I studied his handsome face. He chuckled softly as I leaned up to reach for the balloons, inhaling the helium. "I missed you." I spoke with the high-pitched voice making him slightly blush.

Jahani sucked some helium,"Well, now big daddy's here." Giggling and shaking my head. I pulled Jahani closer to me so that he could get into the bed with me. At the moment I felt like sleeping against my big baby and not being bothered. "Girl, this bed way too tiny."
"Ok, suck it in." I joked making him playfully suck his teeth as he laid beside me.
"I don't wanna hurt you," He spoke while accidentally nudging into my side.
"Ow!" I exclaimed.

"Baby you good?" His eyes scoped my face out, worriedly.
"I'm kidding!" I laughed and brought him closer to me so that we could cuddle.
"Always trying to be mushy with me, Novs, I'm not with this cuddling shit." Rolling my eyes as his arm draped around me, my head on his chest.
"You did it though." I played with his beard and leaned up to kiss the corner of his lips as he attempted to kiss me. Placing kisses everywhere but on his lips, "Baby." He whined making me giggle before kissing his lips slowly and passionately.

Jahani' tongue slid between my lips and explored my mouth, causing me to moan against his lips. Going to fuck around and lose my virginity in this hospital room. The door opening cut the heated make out short,"Uh, Ms. Monroe, Doctor Gray is coming to check on you." The nurse, blushed as I pulled from Jahani.

The nurse left us to get ourselves situated, wiping the corner of my lips as Jahani adjusted himself in his pants. Raising from the bed and looking up to kiss him softly, "You straight?" Nodding and playing with my acrylic nails. "I'll come up and see you soon..." Watching as he spoke. I didn't know when or where I got so lucky to call him mine.

"I love you," Not realizing what just fell from my lips until I noticed the smirk pulling at the corners of his lips, knitting my eyebrows and my cheeks reddening.
"Me too, Novs." He scratched the back of his neck, biting my bottom lip to keep my comment back. This whole time he wasn't even feeling the same, I put my pride on the line to fess up to my feelings for him. I felt the internal disgust of being vulnerable and needy.