19|CTRL.

NOVA.

Shifting beneath my sheets to find that Jahani was no longer in bed beside me, slightly frowning. I wanted him to stay with me during the night so that I could wake up to him and maybe go for another round. Reaching for my phone sitting on the nightstand table seeing that he left me a morning text, grinning before replying. Getting out of bed so that I could handle my hygiene. Which ended up being more like fumbling since my legs were comparable to Jello.

Today, I had a few errands to make. One of them being looking for Noel. She was just gone without a goodbye or anything. Even if I'm used to it I fear her really letting go this time. Sighing heavily as the bottoms of my slippers scuffed up the hardwood,"Girl, pick ya feet up!" Hearing my Nana from the kitchen, shaking my head. My legs hurt so bad along with my inner thighs. She'd been standing in one of her elaborate church outfits and her hair curled past her shoulders,"If you would've been up earlier you could of came to church with me." Nana closed her compact mirror after cleaning the corners of her lipstick.

"Maybe next Sunday." She squinted at me before coming closer to me, brushing my hair from my face.
"Mhm, I'm holding you to that." Nana went back to the table to grab her bag and looking back at me."I don't have lipstick on my teeth, do I?"
"No, you look gorgeous." I leaned against the wall, watching her in admiration.
"Don't gas me up. But I left breakfast for you in the microwave and I'm going to be at The Jones' house tonight. So don't wait up for me."

"Ok." Once she made it out to her car and out of the driveway safely I went in the living room seeing an ash tray one of the end tables. Only person I knew that smoked cigarettes was Noel, I didn't even know she stopped by.

Going back into my bedroom to throw on some clothes before grabbing my keys off of the dresser. Midway out of the door my phone rang in my hand,"Hello?" I held it to my ear, unlocking my Jeep.

"What's up baby girl? I'm sorry I left without saying anything, I just had things to take care of and didn't want ya Nana catching us."
"Yeah, don't worry about it baby." I started my car up, slowly backing out of the driveway.
"Where you going?"
"Uh, to go find my Ma. Apparently she was at the house and I didn't know."
"Yeah, she was there right before I left."
"Hm, just like her. So why'd you call?"

"I figured that we go on a date." My ears perked up to the sound of that."It's been awhile." Hearing him smirk in the phone, I swept my hair out of my face from the heavy winds.
"Guess we've just been too wrapped up in life to really go on a date."
"That's why I'm taking you out tonight, I'm picking you up at six." Was all he said before ending the call.

I made my way to the other side of town where we used to stay. Seeing the exact same faces doing the exact same things they were doing before I left up out of this place.

Pulling up to the curb and locking my car up, because people will easily take your car in broad daylight like it was nothing. Sauntering my way towards the complex we used to stay in,"Nova?"

Glancing over my shoulder to see Deon, he'd been one of the longest relationships I knew Noel to have. He's been around since I was five years old, neither Caio or I liked him. Piercing my eyes through him as he noticed I'd still been pressing on the buzzer,"She might be at her little friend' house still-" Removing my finger from the buzzer and tucking my arms under my chest.
"Oh, I'll just leave then." His body blocked the sun when he stood in front of me. Making me feel short and small to his six foot something, two hundred pound frame. Furrowing my eyebrows up at him as he came closer making me smell the beer on his breath, I was practically tasting it.

"Why? It's been so long since you've been around." There's a reason for that. "You look good," He dragged his teeth against his bottom lip, making my stomach turn slightly. I didn't like the twist in his words and the look in his cold eyes.
"Mhm." I attempted to get around him but he grabbed my arm, roughly.
"Thought you came to see your Mama? She's always talking about you, you're so beautiful," Deon's callused knuckles grazed against my cheek as he pushed my hair from my face. "You what nineteen now?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets, licking over his lips. Maybe I shouldn't have came this way without nobody.