Chapter 11- Love

Chapter 11

Natasha Romanoff P.O.V

Around three months after the death of Emily, work was slacking off on each one of us. Missions would just remind us of her, S.H.I.E.L.D would remind us of her, weapons would remind us of her.

So her we stand on a three month vacation and into the third month. Six months away from her death and today is the exact six my anniversary of her death and we all know it and still have the same feelings of remorse. Every time I think of Emily, I always go back to the last song at the grave yard. There was a message hidden within it.

We are down in Miami Florida, we are all piled into one of Stark's many vacation houses. The radio is on and Love me like you do by Ellie Goulding is playing. We all silently listen as the song plays. That reminds me, Tony and Pepper have set their wedding behind a while, still mourning the loss of Emily.

The rain pounds down harshly as it sets a downpour of rain and hail. Hurricane season is in and we're in the middle of it. We all either listen to the rain or the music. Howls of wind rip through shutters and smacks of debris are heard.

Ever since Emily died, no one has been able to sleep well, especially Bucky. He'll go down to Starks gym and burn his tiredness on a punching bag, knocking them off the chains and you won't want to know how many we had to buy within these six months, divided by the six of us. Pepper forces Bucky to eat a lot of food because that food is vital since he is a super soldier.

Steve tries to help him with her death since he knows the feeling, but Bucky pushes him away still wanting to be alone and mourn. He sits in the living room staring numbly at the palm trees blowing in the harsh wind and we all sit there in an unbroken silence, till it's broken.

Knocking sounds on the door and it stops. We all look at each other and decide it must be debris, but more knocking comes and we all stand up, on high alert.

"Let me in!!" A voice cries over the wind and we all look at each other skeptically, wondering if we should open it and let them in. "Tony, please!" I voice cries out, weaker this time and he runs to the door, unlocking it and flinging it open, letting the harsh wind and rain in.

A soaked figure runs in and jumps onto a chair and to the ceiling. The figure sticks to the ceiling and its hood still covers its face. Soaked brown hair peaks out and they must be blonde since your hair is darker when it's soaked. Suddenly the gloves she's using to stay on the ceiling retracts and she falls to the ground, landing on her back with a painful groan. Her gloves begin sparking and she hurriedly rips them off, throwing them across the room.

Her face is still hidden by the hood. Dog tags clang around her neck and she tucks them into her thoroughly soaked jacket. She looks up and that's when we notice that she's wearing a mask over her face with only slits for eyes.

We stop when we notice the eyes. They're shining golden, not anything else, bit pure golden.

"Creature!" Thor yells and throws his hammer. The girl lifts up her hand and Thor's hammer flies into her hand and she holds it upward. We all stare in shock as she twirls it around in her hands. She tosses it upward and it brings her off the floor. She clears her throat.

"When I take this mask off, do not try to kill me." We all tense up at her words and she reaches for her mask and hood. She takes a deep breath and pulls her mask and hood off. In that moment, all of the oxygen is stolen from our lungs.

After a few seconds she pulls it back over, covering her face from our view. I take a step forward and something happened at we never expected.

She jumped backwards with a squeak and tripped over a chair, we rushed to help her and she screamed, backing up and pressing her body into the wall like she wanted to be hidden. She started breathing harder.