Chapter 12- Summertime Sadness

Chapter 12

Emily P.O.V YAY!!!

I feel comfortable sheets against my bruised and scarred skin. Why would I be in a comfortable bed, if Loki has me? I hear snoring and mumbled words and my eyes snap open. A green comforter lays across my body and it doesn't feel like it's restricting me.

My eyes settle on my suit in phone form on the night stand. Yesterday crashes as waves into the forefront of my mind. I remember the running at the house the Avengers are staying in, hugging Pepper, screaming as a microwave beeps and both of my attacks, which was almost two, but I pushed it away.

"Emily." A voice mumbles. I sit up in bed and notice Bucky, clutching onto a pillow with his eyes squeezed shut. His arms grip onto his pillow for all of us life as she continues to mumble my name. I notice he probably slept on the couch for me to have the bed to myself.

I sit up in bed to notice that I'm in my undergarments. I know he probably wanted to see if I was okay and I know he probably blames himself for my new scars. I look over at the clock and notice it's around one in the morning.

"Emily." Bucky says again and I stop looking at my body. I walk over to a dresser and open up a drawer and pull out a large shirt of his. He's a super soldier, you should expect large shirts. I pull on a black one that goes down onto my thighs.

I walk over and crouch down near his face. I hesitantly reach out a hand and move his long hair from his face. It looks like he hasn't cut his hair since I apparently died. He face nuzzles into my hand and I smile at how adorable he looks.

"Emily." He mumbles and I noticed his grip on the pillow loosened and his face keeps nuzzling into my hand.

"Bucky." I say softly as I run a hand through his hair and then cup his cheek. He doesn't respond and I try again. "Bucky Barnes." I sing his last name and I see his eyes moving under his eyelids. "Come on wake up, Fawn." I say and a smile graces his features as his eyes peak open.

"Did you just call me Fawn?" He says and I let out a little grin, nodding slowly.

"Come on, get up and move to the bed." I say softly and he looks into my eyes.

"Only if you stay with me." He says and I nod. "You're eyes are very pretty." He says and I blush. I duck my head so my hair covers my cheeks and I feel a finger under my chin, gently tilting my head up to meet his eyes. "You don't need to hide behind your hair, you're beautiful when you blush." Of course he had to make me blush harder.

"You are still an Obnoxious Flirt." I tease shaking my head. "What am I going to do with you?" I say and he smiles.

"Love me forever?" He says and I let out a soft laugh.

"Well that's better than nothing." I tease and he pouts. "I'm just joking." He smiles and sits up on the couch. I stand up from my crouch position. "Come one, let's go to bed." I say and turn to the bed and when I don't hear footsteps I turn around to look at him "That was an order, Soldier." I joke and he stands up giving me a salute.

"Yes, Ma'am." I slide under the covers and sit my back against the headboard, not tired. Bucky slides in and looks up at me. "You gonna sleep?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders and look down at him.

"I'm not very tired." I sigh and I slide down a little, pulling his head to my chest and running my hands through his hair to help him sleep. I used to do this before I 'died' because he couldn't sleep sometimes and I always calmed him.

"You really should sleep." He mumbles and I run my nails along his scalp and he moans at the please it brings him.

"Maybe in a little while." I say and almost yawn.