Chapter 13- Loki's Scepter

A/N Sorry no song in this chapter, but feel free to enjoy the video by Anthem Lights, it's a mash up between onerepublic songs.

Chapter 13

Emily P.O.V

Normal civilians think that everything is going to turn out better the next day, me on the other hand, expect it to be more of a down fall than it was today.

I found out that my mother is now under arrest with S.H.I.E.L.D. After I 'died' she went off the rails blaming all the Avengers. She tried killing my dad and S.H.I.E.L.D took her in for her criminal past and attempted murder.

Skye, had went back with Coulson and May back to the Bus. She's gotten more control over her powers, but now has disappeared from the face of the earth, or as far as S.H.I.E.L.D can try.

I currently stand on the balcony to the vacation house that Dad owns. It overlooks the beach and you can hear the beautiful sounds of the crashing waves. The hurricane hadn't done much damage, besides flooding to neighboring houses and ripping off shingles and shudders.

A light wind flows through, with warm air blowing across my skin. I wear a loose shirt and yoga pants. I have a few knifes of myself and a gun in the back of my pants, hidden by my shirt. My hair is up into a loose French braid and dog tags jingle from around my neck alongside a red star necklace that I'll have to untangle from each other later tonight.

I hear movements behind me and I quickly turn to see Pepper and my dad standing there. I turn around and look out to the ocean again as they walk up beside me.

"So are you guys married or..." I trail off, knowing they know what I'm asking.

"No, we didn't because we couldn't." Pepper says softly and I know she's mentioning my death. I might've said I was there most of the time, but I meant the biggest parts of the six months. I have scars on my arms, chest and back from torture given by Loki.

"I'm sorry." I say still overlooking the ocean, but I can feel their eyes on me.

"Why?" Tony asks and I tilt my head sideways.

"Because, when you get married it's supposed to be the most important day of your life. You make a bond between you and someone you love deeply, but you have to postpone it for some daughter you've only known a year." I say quickly glancing at them before looking back out the door.

"But it wouldn't be complete without the daughter we've known for a year. In one year you've made an impact on all of us." Pepper says and the ends of my lips quirk up into a smile and I try to hide it by ducking my head. "I know you're smiling underneath all that hair." She teases moving it from my face with a hand.

"Thank you." I look into her eyes and she smiles.

"You don't need to thank me, you've done it all. I'm just calling you out on your self-depreciation." She says and I throw my head back and laugh, surprising them both.

"I'm been in that for quite a while, but when I'm around all of you how can I be?" I ask and she smiles. "You know what dad?" I ask and he looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"When you said that you have to protect the most important thing in your world and you said that was Pepper?" He nods with a shocked face. "You were right." I look at her. "I would be proud to call you my mom." I say and she looks at me before tackling me into a hug, I tense up at first, but relax hugging her back.

"So are you planning again?" I ask and they shake their heads. "How long are we stationed here?" I ask and they smile.

"I'm glad you said we and about another month." Dad says and I nod, grinning. I knew he'd pick that up.