Chapter 23- Now that makes sense.

A/N Sorry this took longer than usual. I couldn't find the right things to write. Bridesmaid dresses above for Hill, Natasha, Phoenix and Pepper.

Chapter 23

Emily P.O.V

"Rhodey, we need to move!" I yell holding up my gun and firing. It's the middle of the night and Iran and we've been taken by surprise. Our camp is not far from this little town and the men of the town decided to attack while we're trying to help.

"We can't leave the rest." He yells doing the same thing as me.

"Then get them up, we need them and we cannot wait any longer or we'll be dead!" I yell and we both run into the bunk area while a few soldiers are our firing guns. "I can't believe they don't hear the bullets." I say and Rhodey stops at his office as I continue down and open the door to the bunk room.

The men before me are slaughtered. Blood pools around their bunks and I gag while my breathing quickens.

"Rhodey!" I yell and he comes running to only stop at the sight.

"Emily!" Bucky's voice sounds through the dream and

My eyes snap open and I have enough time to realize that I'm in a cage before I feel vomit crawling up my throat. I put a hand up to my mouth and hunch myself over trying to keep it in.

"Emily." Bucky says softly and I know he's outside the cell. I breathe deeply and keep the vomit down. I look up to see the team outside the cell with concerned faces, along with Rhodey and Phoenix.

"Stupid Iran flashbacks." Rhodey's eye widen.

"That day..." He trails off and I nod.

"The day I walked in on every single man that had time to sleep were slaughtered in their beds." I say and look down at my feet. "I was supposed to be sleeping at the time, but I volunteered to do extra patrol so one of the men could video feed his family to say hello." I say and look back up and Nick stands behind them and I scowl. The team turns around to look.

"Emily." He says curtly and I laugh. It's a hollow and emotionless. That's when I notice it gone. My eyes widen and I look around my cell. "What are you-"I cut him off.

"Where the heck is my ring?" I growl stalking up to the glass. Then he holds it up between his pointer finger and thumb. I resist the urge to roll my eyes when I realize that it isn't mine, but the others don't know that. I raise an eyebrow and he looks at me and then throws the ring down the thirty drop and everyone's mouth gapes at him.

"There's the ring." He says and I chuckle making everyone confused.

"You play a smart game, Nick. I've worn the ring before and I know that wasn't the real one." I cross my arms and stand in a stern stand with a blank face and emotionless eyes. "I'm not a foolish girl, Nicky. I've got a higher I.Q. than you." I say and he rolls his eye.

"So what if I drop this?" He holds up the real ring and I smirk at him.

"Love lesson 101: Yes I care about the ring, but it's only special because of the person who gave it to me." I smirk knowing I've got him. "The reason you took it is because you classified is as a weapon, I guess. Do you have a reason to actually be holding me in a cell?" I ask him while smirking.

"You're a threat." He says and I shake my head grinning.

"Not a valid reason." I say to him.

"For S.H.I.E.L.D it is." He says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Is that true?" He nods. "You won't mind me making a call then?" I question him.

"I wouldn't mind, but you don't have calling privileges." He says and I roll my eyes.