29

Jungkook POV

I'm in my company. Before I went here, I accompanied Taehyung at their house. I want him to be safe.

I was finishing a file when my phone rang. I get it and answer the call.

'Hello'

'Dr. Jeon, we need you in the hospital right now. Their is a patient that need surgery'

'Okay, I'm coming'

I hung up the call. I quickly get my things and save the file. I hurriedly go to my car and drive. The hospital is near my company. I quickly run into the E.R. A nurse comes. 

"Good evening, Mr. Jeon. The patient got an accident. He has a deep cut on his abdomen, and his heart has a slightly cut." she said as we walked at the patient. "Is the surgery ready?" I ask her who nods. "Put him on the surgery room. I will change, " I said and hurriedly went to my office. I'm a professor in here. I hurriedly changed and went to the surgery room.

I wash my hands and enter the surgery room. A nurse comes and puts my gloves. I tie the gown. "Messer," I said, and the nurse gave me that thing. I open him up and see a lot of blood around his heart. His heart has a small hole, that's why. My assistant suction the blood(?)

AFTER 1 HOUR 

The surgery is successful as always. I go to my office and sit on the sofa. I close my eyes when someone comes in. I look who it is and got shock. My jaw dropped and widened my eyes. When they see me both startled and push each other.

"Whoa!" I said, clapping my hands. The other bow and went out. "Really? Inside of my office, " I said. "Oh, come on, my friend. I didn't know that you were here, " my friend said. "Don't friend me, Taemin," I said to him. "Hehe. Anyway, it's been so long when you came here, " Taemin said while sitting on the sofa. "I have many things to do. And you know that I have acads." I said to him. 

"I heard that you got dumped by a girl last week," I said, grinning at him. "How do you know?" he asked me. "I heard from the other nurses. They are gossiping about you, " I said, and he started to fake cry. "Yes. That's true. How can he dump a handsome and charming doctor? " he said while wiping his fake tears.

"You should stop being a playboy and breaking hearts." I said to him who looked at me. But before he talks, the door opens. "Jungkook, you're really here," the person said while panting. Taemin laughs at the person state. "Did you run a marathon?" Taemin said, laughing hard at him.

"Jungkook, it's been a long time," the person sat beside Taemin, who stopped laughing. "Yes. How are you, Soo-hyun?" I ask him. "I'm fine -" Taemin cut him. "A girl is annoying him. What is his name again? Yah, Ji?" he asks the other who sighs. "Yea-ji," he said.

"Wait. The name is familiar to me, " I said, thinking when I heard the name. "Do you know her?" Taemin asked me. "He just said that the name is familiar, not know" Soo hyun said. "Her last name is Seo, right?" I ask him who widened his eyes. "How do you know?" he asked me. "She is my patient before. She hurt her arms. Shhas a trauma because of her childhood. That's what I know about herself" I said to them.

Both of them look shock. "W-what?" Soo stutter while he asked me. "Trauma. It is an emotional response to a terrible event like an accident, rape or natural disaster." I explain what the meaning of it is.  "So, she has a trauma? Did she react when you touched her?" Taemin ask. I hum as an answer.

Before someone else talks, our phone rings. We answer the phone automatically. 

"Hello?"

"JK, we need to go. E.R. is calling us, " they said, and both get out. 

'Who is that, Kookie?'

'Just my other friends and colleague'

'Where are you right now?'

'I'm in the hospital, baby'

'But, It's already night'

'I take night shift, baby'

'Will you attend school tomorrow?'

'Yes. Why?'

'Then, you will not get enough sleep'

'Mm. But you know that your Kookie is strong right'

'*Giggle* Of course. You are a bunny pig'

'Aishh, don't call me that'

'Ok-'

"Dr. Jeon, we need you in E.R. There are so many patient coming right now" A nurse panted while she said those words. "Okay. I'm coming, " I said.

'Baby, I need to hang up the call. They need me right now.'

'Okay, Kookie. Bye. I love you'

'I love you too, baby. Sleep now. I'm hanging up'

I hung up the call. I put my phone in the table and rushed to go to the E.R. When arrivedve there, many patients got sent in here. Their is a bloody patients, pregnant, and many more. I quickly go to the patient where the other nurse are reviving the patient. 

I CPR the patient who is nearly going to die. "Get the defibrillator" I said. The nurse goes to get that thing. "Charge it to 100, the nurse charge it. "Ready? Shock"

The patient heart wasn't stable. "Charge it to 200 Joule". "Ready? Shock. " The heart got stable for the second time. "Clean his wound and transfer him to a room," I said to the nurse, who nodded.

Every day and night, many patients are sent to the hospital. Like pregnant women, car accidents, got shouted by a bullet, getting sick, and wounded. Many people survive, but there are people who didn't make it. Sometimes, you need to face reality. I realize that not all people live peacefully. 

"Time of Death, January 6, 2022 at 11:30 P.M."

"Prepare the surgery room."

"1,2,3 1,2,3"

Being a doctor is hard. Everyday you met, a bloody patient, patients who are sick, hurt, shot, and stab. You can't even rest. You can only close your eyes in a minute then, a nurse will come to tell you that their is a patient who is rushed again in the E.R. A surgeon, it is not easy. If you made a mistake in your surgery, then the patient may have died. You are lucky if you revive him.

I open the door of my office. I groan as I sit on the sofa. I just finished 10 years of surgery and it is now 14:00 AM.  I close my because of the tiredness I feel. I sigh when I feel relaxed with my posture. I didn't know that I had drifted to sleep.

___________

UPDATE!!

It's been a while🙂