4

-Aster James-

She told me to leave, so that's exactly what I did.

I called my driver to drop off my car, so that's what I sat in at the moment.

But I couldn't help let the worry set in when her tone and expression changed.

It's like she was scared of something. And it wasn't me that she was scared of, more like something she thought of.

Maybe I caused it, I don't know, but she was making me worried.

I didn't leave right away. After I left the kitchen, closing the door behind me, I heard her shift and a small thud came from inside.

I heard her silent cries and it honestly made me want to go back in there and hold her.

Yeah yeah, we're enemies. But I'm not an asshole.

Well most of the time. I don't think.

I sat in my car, staring at her phone number.

"Pros and cons," I spoke to myself, "If I do call her, pro might be she asks me to come back, I stay with her all night, I get to hold her in my arms." I thought, "cons would be, she hates me even more, doesn't want to see me ever again, and completely shuts herself out from everyone."

Fuck it.

I pressed the call button, letting the ring echo through my car.

"Hey," I heard her voice, "This is Evren Black. I can't pick up right now because I'm either busy or that next part is none of your business, but leave me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

I frowned. The beef coming a second later.

"Hey, Ev. It's me Aster. I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now, but I just wanted to check on you, see if you're alright. I really didn't think I would scare you that much, I'm sorry." I spoke clearly and with meaning.

"I promise, if you ever want to talk, I won't tell anyone about it, we can meet up and go for... a drive? Maybe?" I felt so stupid for what I was saying.

She'd never agree to that.

"But yeah. I'll see you at school next week, bye." Quickly pressed the red button, breathing out.

"I feel like the dumbest person alive." I gripped my steering wheel tightly.

I turned on the car and put it in reverse. Before I moved, my phone started ringing.

I picked it up, seeing her name on the screen, "Hello?"

"Come back inside." She said quietly.

"I just left." I lied.

"I live on the 6th floor, not the 15th. Come back inside please."

"You can see me?" I looked in my mirrors, adjusting them to point up.

Sure enough, I saw her standing on her balcony.