30

-Corina Chase-

I haven't talked to Evren in a day.

It may sound obsessive, but that's the longest I've gone without talking to her.

JJ laid in the bed next to me, naked.

I was too. Just for comfort.

It was probably 1 in the morning now. I haven't been able to sleep since our argument and I feel terrible for accusing her of something that I was doing.

I turned to look at JJ who was still awake to my surprise. I laid on his arm and cuddled closer to him.

"What's on your mind?" He asked.

I sighed, "I feel bad."

He hummed, "Maybe you should apologize." He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I am, but I don't know how." I traced his chest.

We laid there for a few moments in silence before my phone started ringing.

I reached for it on the stand, groaning at how late it is.

But I sat up when I saw Evren's name in the headline.

I quickly pressed answer and her voice was rushed, "Hospital, now, bring Liam and your mom. It's a legal matter." And as soon as she finished her sentence, she hung up.

"What's wrong?" JJ asked.

"Get ready, I need to wake up my mom." I say as I quickly pull on a pair of jeans and a shirt.

I knocked on the door of my moms bedroom and Liam answered it, "It's Evren, she needs us at the hospital."

He nods. My mom was awake at the sound of my voice and they were both getting ready now.

When I got back into the room, JJ was dressed and ready, and seconds later, we were all in my car driving to the hospital.

~

"Corina!" I heard Evren call behind me as we were all at the front desk.

I ran up to her and she guided us all to the elevator.

"What's going on, what happened to your hand?" I wanted to ask so many other questions, but I knew we didn't have time for that.

She answered anyway, "Abusive father to child and mother, and I sprained my wrist."

Liam stepped forward, "How long?" He asked in regards of the abusive father.

"We don't know, but the mom tried to commit. She's alive, I had to break her sternum."

"You did CPR?" I looked at her.

"She tried to drown herself before she over dosed." She said.

I could see the hints of tiredness in her eyes and face.

Liam and my mom stepped out of the elevator but when we did, I pulled her aside, "How long have you been here?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I-I don't know. Me and Aster got here a little after she did I think, but I was passed out. My dad is here and so are his parents." She pointed behind her.

Liam was taking to a few doctors as JJ talked to Aster and his parents.

My mom talked to Evren's dad, she looked worried.

"I'm sorry. For everything," I started but was cut off.

"I know. And so am I, I should've told you that I knew, and I should've told you about Aster. You're my best friend." She turned her head down.