25

-Corina Chase-

"Since you've been dodging my calls all weekend, want to catch me up on who's house you've been at?" I stand behind Evren as she closes her locker.

"I've been out." She says. "And how did you know I wasn't home?"

"I have your location, remember?"

Her mouth hangs in understanding as she nods.

I notice the limp in her walk. A heavy limp.

"And well you're limping, so that would say you were doing some sort of activity." I glare at her.

She shrugs and continues walking.

"What's going on Ev? You're usually the most hyper person around championships."

"I am hyper." I stare at her for a moment, "believe me, my gut is doing back flips right now." She smiles.

I wasn't sure if I should believe her, but she's my best friend. And I trust her.

If she's not ready to tell me, then I'll wait till she's ready.

The bell rings as we sit at our table in pre bio med.

Aster and JJ sit down behind us, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at Aster.

When I see Evren not even acknowledging him, and the grin on her face, I take a look at JJ and he just shrugs.

"We're going to continue off from last week with our groups, Evren and Aster you'll work with JJ and Corina." Our teacher directs.

I start pulling out my papers so I could catch Ev up on what she missed.

"Hey, she said a group." Aster waved us over so we scooted our chairs back and used their table to work.

The whole time, I caught the two giving each other looks.

Aster was on his phone most of the time, and Evren kept looking at hers every now and then.

Something is up with them.

"Okay, so we're mixing chemicals to kill viruses today we have the flu. We'll need to go into the lab for it." I state. Everyone nods and we start getting our stuff together to go into the lab.

It takes Evren a little longer but surprisingly, Aster is the one to help her up.

"Something is up with them." I whisper to JJ as I start putting my hair up and my lab coat on.

"I agree. Ast has been 'happy' all morning." He says, looking back at them.

Evren stumbled into Aster as they walked up to us. He kept her steady by her waist.

"What is up with you two?" I ask as they got closer.

Evren looks up, her smile fading, "What? Nothing, he's just helping me."

I hum, not really sure.

They start putting on their lab gear and walk in behind us.

I set up a station for me and JJ to work at while Aster does the same for him and Evren while she sits.

"Masks up." I say before I remove the virus from the cooler.

Everyone put their mask on and to work we go.

I put a frozen vial in a beaker for me and JJ then one for Ev.

I place our beaker on the hot plate and wait for it to melt.

I hear a distant laugh and when I look over, it's Evren.

She's touching Asters arm and laughing.

I point at the sight for JJ to see.