36

-Evren Black-

"So we're really doing this?" Aster asked. He leaned against the car, me standing in front of him.

I shrugged, "Why not? I think it'll be fun."

"You find anything dangerous, fun. And it scares me."

I leaned up and pecked his lips, "Good." I tapped his shoulder.

"Come on love birds!" Miles yelled out from across the street.

I took Asters hand before leading him to the other side. A bunch of people were here tonight, including Ozzy.

Girls dressed in shirt skirts and tiny tops roamed through out the rows of cars, the hoods popped up for showcase.

I was probably no better. Aside from the 4 inch heels I was wearing, the body con dress was no better. It was purple with spaghetti straps.

"I don't like it when other people look at you." Aster whispered in my ear. He held my hips possessively.

I leaned back, "Well good thing no one is looking. You're pretty scary and I trust you."

I think he was a bit taken aback on my statement of trusting him.

He was silent for a moment before smiling and shaking his head, acing a kiss in my hair.

Carlos, Jack, and Ryan walked up to us.

"Okay, we put you on the list, we don't know who you're racing though." Carlos said.

Behind them, I saw a crowd forming. Two girls yelling in the center. With the help of my heels,  I could clearly see who and what was happening.

A girl that I went to school with, and the same girl from the other night. Katy, I think. They walked around eachother, yelling out curses and calling each other names before someone—Miles— stepped through the crowd, breaking them up.

"If you're going to fight, do it somewhere far from here, we don't need 12 surrounding the place."

"YEAH!" A familiar voice rang over them. When I looked to see who it was, JJ had his fist in the air and Corina was already fuming at him.

"Shut the fuck up!" She whispered yelled, but more yelled cause I could hear her from where I was standing.

Miles urged the crowd to break up and for everyone to go back to having fun.

Which, they did.

But the party really started when the racers lined their cars up against their opponents.

Everyone seemed to be at least somewhat friends with the other. They all were there to have fun, and they all congratulated the winner of the race at the end.

Then it was my turn to line up. I was boring one of Ozzy's cars. It was a Corvette C7 series with carbon fiber plates and intake parts, a nitrous system, a carbon plate clutch, and a switched motor Chevy 302 Small Block V8. Black Kevlar with red stitched seats. And of course, a matte black finish on the outside.

This car...this car was modded the fuck out of, and I had no doubt Ozzy trusted me more than anyone else to use it. He actually told me that too.

I saw JJ and Corina walk up to us. Ozzy as well.

"You sure you want to do this?" Corina asked.

I looked around at Miles, Jack, Carlos, and Ryan behind us.

"They want a show, I'll give them a show." I smirked back at my best friend.

"Ms. Black!" A voice came running up to us. It was an older man who looked to be about in his late 20s. "Please line up now. You go in 15." He stated before walking away.

"Please don't break her." Ozzy said as he handed me the key with upmost confidence.

"Never." I smiled.

Aster got in the passenger seat as I got in the drivers. He got out when I stopped a few inches from the starting line.

I let the car warm up. Looking over at my opponent, I was disappointed to see Katy in the car next to me.

She happened to look over and gave me a dark smirk.

"Spectators!" The same man from earlier yelled. "Place your bets now!"

He walked between the cars before looking between us, "Drivers. Any bets?"

I opened my mouth to speak but Katy beat me to it.

"Winner gets the boy." She shrugged.

My eyes went wide as I looked over at Aster.

He was frantic too. "Is this how you ladies feel when we use you as bets?"

"It's not the best feeling in the world is it?" Corina said next to him.

They both leaned against the car, peeking their heads in through the passenger side window.

"I don't know if this is a good ideas anymore." I looked behind them at the boys watching us.

"You scared princess? Go ahead, forfeits are wins if not from me." Katy yelled over.

I looked between my boyfriend and the whore.

"Hey. Ev, it's okay. I trust you." Aster said. Before I could reply, he ran around to my side, blocking my view of Katy. "The red button right there activates the nitrous system. It adds an extra twenty mph when your at full speed which is 212. You have 30 miles till the finish which is just right here. You know how to steer." He spoke.

"I was being directed by you the last time. I don't know." I looked at him.

He shook his head, "Here," he handed me a black ear piece. Without thought, I put it in my ear. "I'll be watching from the camera." He pointed to a small camera on the dashboard.

"Racers ready?" The man yelled. Katy revved her engine.

"You got this!" Aster chanted in a whisper before leaning down to give me a kiss. I nodded as I watched him walk away.

A girl walked between the cars, taking up the place where Aster once stood.

She leaned down to talk to both of us, "Here are the ground rules. Windows up the whole time, no bumper cars, and if you pass police, do not lead them back here. You're on your own if you get caught, and I advise that you try to get away." She spoke, "Understand?"

I looked over to Katy. She revved again with a sinister smile.

"Of course." We said at the same time.

The girl tapped the doors of our cars before going to a stand. She motioned for us to roll our windows up before taking the flag from a watcher on the side.

"Racers Ready!" She yelled. I revved my engine when she pointed to me. Katy did the same when she pointed her her, "Play fair, and good luck!"

I watched her intently as she waved the green flag in the air.

My heart beating a million miles per minute, the crowd closing in closer and closer the longer we sat there.

I closed my eyes for a slight second, taking in the deepest breath possible. When I opened my eyes, the girl brought the flag down.

I pressed the gas as hard as I could went flying off. In first place.

Sorry for being MIA, but here's this for the meantime!

Enjoy loves!

-S 💞