40

-Aster James-

It's been a month.

School gets out in two weeks.

I'm set at a school my dad chose. He won't tell me.

But I don't want to go wherever he chose. I want to be with her.

Not like she wants to be with me.

I haven't spoken to Evren since the day she got out of the hospital.

She's ignoring my calls and texts. I'm worried.

Maybe telling her I love her right now wasnt the best idea.

"Okay. Wow." She sat up, "Baby, that's—"

"I know. I know it's probably a lot especially with what is going on, but with everything that did happen, I had to tell you. And it's the truth. I love you so much Evren."

My words were probably my own poison.

It's been a month, and I haven't felt her body mold against mine while we slept. I haven't smelled her Victoria's Secret perfume. I haven't laid my eyes on her.

I throw my backpack over my shoulder and close my locker. JJ walked up next to me, Corina leaving his side to go down the hall to where she stands at her locker.

I just watch from a distance. She closes her locker. She doesn't smile like she usually does. And I know she should be because Corina is smiling.

They come closer towards us.

"Hey." I can barely hear her.

"Hi." I say back.

A half smile from her but it's progress for me.

She's talking to me. Sort of.

The bell rings, letting us know we should be in class in the next 30 seconds or were late.

JJ hits my arm, breaking me from my frozen state.

I shake my head and follow him to our next class.

~

Beginners bio med

I failed environmental science last year, so I had to choose another science class to get my credit.

I only chose this class because it was beginner.

I feel like if they put me in a lab, with Einstein, I'd be his side kick.

Ali though I'm not to sure because I'm barely passing even now.

If my 76 doesn't stay a 76 and drops, I'm screwed and won't be able to walk the stage at graduation, which mean bye bye ivy leagues and scholarships.

But even now, I can't focus.

Not with her sitting right next to me, mixing together chemicals and writing stuff down.

Even now, she looks so beautiful.

"Did you check the toxicity of that one?" She asks, pulling my attention.

I sit up abruptly, turning my gaze before she can catch it.

"Huh?" I say to hold my stutter.

She rolls her eyes, "Did you use the EWG scale to check the toxicity in the cell?"

I stutter this time, "Oh, um—uh, no." I say, "Sorry."

She reaches over me and grabs a beaker. "Hurry up with that so I can write it down." Her tone is irritable.