31

-Evren Black-

"What?" All three of us said in surprise.

"I thought I told you Aster?" JJ tried changing the point of attention.

Me and Corina looked a teacher other then back at the boys, "You need to tell us everything that happened, then you will be telling Liam." Corina said.

JJ went on about what happened. The incident was over a year ago, and it made it seem like that guy was a psychopath—which I could believe.

After about another hour of hearing JJ explain everything to Liam, I finally looked down at my phone.

My eyes widened when it said it was 4 in the morning.

I had noticed I was starting to falter in my step, but I wanted help Carla first.

I sat on a bench and instantly felt the heaviness in my eyes. A yawn slipped on accident.

My dad stood to the side of me, "Come on kid. I'll take you home." He said.

I looked up at him and nodded. Aster came over real quick to give me a hug and kiss before my dad practically carried me to the car.

My clothes were dry now,  it a lingering shiver and feeling of dirtiness was still there.

I wondered if they would have the bathroom cleaned up when Aster got home.

I didn't even notice how fast we got to the car because as soon as we stepped out of the elevator, my mind seemed to go blank till we got to the car.

"I heard you did CPR." My dad opened the door for me and helped me sit. He nodded as he talked, "I'm really proud of you kiddo. Keeping your calm in a situation like that, as young as you are, you did good." He ruffled my already messy hair before closing the door and running to the driver side.

I laid back in the seat, exhaustion taking over me.

My dad started the car and started driving home, meanwhile, I curled up in the passenger seat and rifted off to sleep.

~

I'm one of those people who can tell when we're home by the way the car tilts. I opened my eyes and saw our building coming up.

The music was a light tune, a song I definitely knew but didn't have the proper mindset to put it together.

My dad parked the car and we both went up stairs.

I was still a little bit tired from everything so I was looking forward to getting into more comfortable clothes and my bed.

Dad unlocked the door and stepped aside so I could go first.

My dad is probably one of five gentlemen that I know. He treats me like a Queen, and he did so when my mom was still alive.

I was told at a young age that I was a miracle baby. My mom had trouble getting pregnant, and after trying for years, I was born.

From the day I was born, my dad gave me my spotlight while he assisted in the shadows.

He taught me everything I know today, other than what my teachers taught me.

I think before Corina, he was my first best friend.

A lot of kids get the "he taught me how to ride a bike," or the "he got me my first car." Well what he taught me was that it's okay to fall off the bike and get scraped up. He taught me how to save up to buy my own first car.