22

-Corina Chase-

"Where have you been?" Liam asks.

"Out. Evren needed me yesterday, I slept over." I lied.

After she left for her 'date', I left maybe an hour after. Me and her dad talked for a bit.

Mostly school and what I wanted to do after.

He went over some deals he wanted to propose to my dad. I told him I would pass the message.

"Everything okay?" Liam followed me.

I nodded, "Yup."

It was silent as I shrugged off my sweater and threw it on the couch. I slipped off my shoes and neatly placed them next to the couch.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked with a bit of attitude.

He shook his head, "I'll see you later." He turned and walked away.

Mom said it would take time. Take time to get comfortable with him.

But it's kind of hard to do that when the man is old enough to be your grandfather and married your mother not even two months after her divorce.

It's been a year.

I still see my dad every now and then, but it's hard to see him when he lives in LA and I'm in New York.

He stops by every break for a few days to see me, though. Most of the time he's only able to do so because he still has ties with Evrens dad.

I turned on the tv and switched it to the news.

Just because I'm 18 doesn't mean I can't catch up with the worlds problems.

"Last nights disaster. The Evren Black and Aster James were seen entering the new 18+ club, Infinity. Only to be seen an hour later rushing out together."

"What did you do Ev." I mumbled to myself.

"Marvin Frisk' son—Jackson Frisk was seen leaving the club not to long after, in an ambulance. Accusations of sexual assault and harassment are pointed at Mr. Frisk. But what will this mean for the young business man? We'll know more when the police release his statement, thank you."

"Jesus Christ Evren." I say as I open her contact and press the FaceTime button.

It rings for a few seconds before she finally answers.

"What the hell happened?" I ask.

"What are you talking about?" She wipes her eyes.

"It's all over the news Ev, what did Aster do to Jackson? And why was Jackson there?" I flip through more channels on the tv.

"Aster didn't do anything. Jackson was being a dick and well, Aster stopped him."

"Stopped him how? Why was he seen leaving in an ambulance?"

"He may have broke his nose." She averted her gaze from mine.

"Didn't do anything? Jesus Ev. Are you okay?" I remember her statement about the SA.

She nods, "Yeah, I'm fine." She says in a hushed tone.

"Who's that?" A deeper voice says. I couldn't put a face to the voice, but I knew it was definitely someone I know.

"Who's that?" I repeat the question, just on my end.

"Uhh, I'll call you back C."

Before I even get the chance to speak, she hangs up.