29

-Evren Black-

I was to tired and in pain to care as I was carried somewhere.

After a while, I heard voices whispering across the room, making me realize I was now in the hospital.

I cracked an eye open, seeing my dad standing in the corner of the room with another body.

My entire body was sore, and mixing CPR for more than 20 minutes, breaking a sternum and cheer practice, it's obviously not a great  idea.

"She's just tired right now, but she should be awake soon." The doctor told my dad.

I shifted, drawing attention to myself.

They looked at me, my dad coming closer to me. He brushed some of the hair back from my face.

"You have heart kid." The doctor pulled out the rolling chair and sat, "Carla is alive and well. She's going to be in the ICU for a few days but she's alive, because of you."

"Where's Gigi?" I rasp.

"We've allowed her access to stay with her mom for the time being."

I tilt my head, a bit confused.

For the time being.

"Carla had possession of a unprescribed drug, and tried to kill herself with her child in the next room over."

I sat up, "You don't know her story. What about her-"

"You're right. We don't know her story, and we won't until she wakes up. All we can do now is assume, and honestly it's not the best mechanism."

I look down at myself, finally noticing the brace on my wrist.

"It's just sprained. A few weeks in the brace and you'll be good as new."

So many thoughts were crossing my mind.

I was worried about everything, Carla, Gigi, if I'll be able to compete this weekend.

"Where's Aster?"

The door opens on command and he pops his head in. I smile at his attempt to be sneaky, but he gives up when he sees my dad and doctor staring back at him.

"Ahem, um sorry, I thought this was a restroom." He lied.

"It's fine, they already know." I roll my eyes.

He walks over to me and gives me the biggest hug ever. The best.

"Thank you." He whispered in my neck.

I hold him close, not caring about the other two bodies in the room.

He pulls back not breaking eye contact. Instead, he sits on the bed next to me.

I turn my attention back to the doctor. "Can I compete this weekend?"

He opens his mouth to talk but I add to my sentence, "And I am not taking no for an answer."

He nods, "It's not advised that you do, but as long as you aren't putting it in any pain whatsoever, it's perfectly fine with me. You're a flyer, correct?"

"And team captain." I say.

He nods, "Get your coaches opinion, it's perfectly fine with me." He says.

I lean on Aster as he stands up, "We have a few internships here at Mass Gen. If you ever decide to major in bio med, we start all our interns at minimum pay which is 10 an hour. I can email you the details." He says just before walking out.