26

-JJ Scott-

Corina couldn't get anything out of Evren, so it's my turn to see if I could get anything out of Aster.

"Where've you been all weekend man?" I put my hands on his shoulders and push him along.

He laughs, "I've just been doing stuff."

"Ou Asters got a new girl!" I tease.

The guys crowd around us in the locker room. We're definitely worse gossipers than the girls.

"No..." his words slur.

"You're blushing Ast. She got you wrapped around her finger." Ryan says.

Aster shrugs away, "No. and I'm not blushing..." he's blushing.

We all groan, "Just tell us about her man. She a cheerleader? Math geek? Science geek??" I push.

"Not a math geek." He says and starts getting ready for practice.

"So science." I nod along. "Is she hot?"

"Call her that again and you'll never find out." He says with a guttural smile.

I back off. But his phone starts ringing.

I catch a glimpse of the name:

Angel

I snatch his phone before he can, "Angel... Mmm let's see what she wants."

I read the series of texts :

'I'll meet you after practice.'

"Hm, where you guys meeting after practice?"

"JJ, come on, give me the phone." He laughs.

I shake my head and continue reading.

'We can't let them know.'

"Why can't you let us know?" I joke.

Aster tries to snatch the phone, but I'm quicker.

'I know. I'm trying my best,
I swear she's ruthless with these
questions...'

The phone screen changes and it says that Angel is calling.

"Hmm. She's calling. Maybe we should answer. Right guys?" I hold the phone up and let my guard down.

Aster quickly grabs it and answers.

"Hey Angel. What's up?" He answers.

Me and the guys start making kissing faces and noises.

"Nothing, it's just the guys being assholes." His tone gets louder, directed to us. "Yeah. Yeah that's fine, be safe. K... bye." He hung up.

"You're all terrible people. Terrible, horrible people." But he can't even be mad at us because he's blushing.

~

I throw the football back and forth with Aster while the rest of the guys warm up.

I open my mouth to talk, but he beats me to it, "No, I'm not telling you what she looks like."

"Not even the hair color?" I press. He shakes his head, I finally give up.

"Alright Ladies, gather round- I got a surprise." Coach Baron calls.

We all circle around him as he holds out what looks like a dozen tickets, probably more for the entire team.