15

-JJ Scott-

"Babe, just pick one." I groan at Corina who is still deciding on which dress she wants to buy.

She shrugs, "You choose."

I look at the dresses she was now holding, "I really like the red one."

She smiles. There was something challenging in the expression, "Why?"

I laugh, "Why? Because I know it'll look amazing on you." I walk around the cart and go to cup her ass.

She squeals and laughs before leaning up to kiss me, "Fine. I'll get the red dress."

She puts the white dress back on the rack and throws the other one in the cart.

"Do you want a pair of shoes?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "Nah. I won't have enough space in my closet." She ties her arms around my neck.

I nod my head understandably. I look down into my beautiful girlfriends eyes, holding her waist.

We're not officially declared boyfriend and girlfriend, not to public at least.

I lean down to kiss her again but my phone rings in my pocket.

I groan, reaching behind to get it. She just watches me as I answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Where are you baby? Dinner is about to start." My mom said through the phone.

I smile looking down at Corina, "We're on our way mom. We just needed to stop by the store. Be there in 20." I say.

She makes a humming sound on the other side, it's a thing that runs in the family. Especially the woman. And it scares me because most of the time it means my black ass is in trouble.

"I promise mom." I breath a laugh.

I can hear her foot tapping, "Okay. Drive safe baby, it's raining." She finally said.

"I will mommy. Love you." It works all the time.

"Love you too baby." She made a smooching sound as if she was giving me a kiss through the phone. I hung up and looked back down at Corina.

"Mommy? Aren't you like 18?" She laughs.

"19. And it always makes her fold." I say. Corina laughs still so I pull away to push the cart to check out.

~

I drove carefully through the streets of upper Manhattan.

Corina was humming to the music in the passenger seat.

I love to way she dresses all the time, how she's so comfortable with herself and expressing herself through the clothes she wears, but today, she's wearing a cute dress seems to cover everything.

It kind of makes me frown. I like seeing her dressed in the dresses that hug her body perfectly or the jeans that have various rips and cuts along the thighs.

But I know she's doing it to make a good impression.

Whenever she has to make a good impression, she's wearing either a pants suit, non revealing dresses, or her regular jeans and a t-shirt. Either way, she still looks hot as fuck.

My hand rests on her thigh, sitting in the crease of her hip. I draw lazy circles with my thumb on her skin.

"Are you excited?" I spark conversation.