16

-Evren Black-

The rest of dinner went by smoothly. Asters hand never left my thigh.

I finished my food and sat back elegantly, so I don't seem rude.

"So, Evren, what colleges are you thinking about?" Davina sparks conversation which turns my dads attention to me.

"NYU is my first choice. Then Berkeley and UCLA." I state.

"Two in state, one out. I like the way you think."

I smile, "Um, UCLA was where my mom went. But it was her dream for me to get into NYU. They have possibly the best literature program in the country."

"Do you want to go to NYU?" She asks.

"For the academics, yes. And to stay in the city."

"But?"

"But I have a legacy at UCLA. My mom was an athlete, one of their best."

"What did she play?" Ethan speaks up.

I smile, "Softball. They went undefeated for three straight seasons, and led them to the NCAA championships. She used to show me photos and even tried to get me into the sport but i would rather pick dandelions in the outfield and—"

I look up. Everyone was wide eyed but they seemed interested.

"I'm sorry, I was rambling." I push a stray pice of hair behind my ear.

"No, no you're fine honey." Davina assures, "Your mom sounds amazing, where is she now?"

Well.

"Uh- mom, she's uh—" Aster adjusted in his seat. I put my hand over his to assure him I'm fine.

"She passed away actually. 5 years and one day." I say with a short smile.

Her skin goes pale, "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know my condolences sweetheart." She puts a hand over her heart.

I nod in acceptance. But I don't say anything after that.

"So, are we doing one check or?" The waiter said as he stood near my dad.

"Just one." He replies, shooing the man away.

And back to silence.

~

"Dinner was lovely, thank you for inviting me." Davina said to my father.

Me and Aster stood a little closer than before, his hand hiding behind my waist as he still helped to steady me.

"Oh, Evren, if you ever need help with college, my buddy Max is a professor At Berkeley, I could get him to help you with applications and what not." Ethan said.

I dipped my head in a thank you gesture, "I will call if anything comes up."

My dad and Ethan clap each other on the back before pulling away from their hug.

I step out of Asters grip to give Davina a hug, her hands wrapping around my body.

"You're shaking, are you okay sweetie?"

I step back, "Yeah, I'm just a bit cold." I lied.

"Hey Ev, can I talk to you for a second?" Aster calls out. I nod.

I go up to my dad, "Me and Aster are gonna take a walk, I'll meet you at the car."

He nods and I went on my way.

It was a little cold outside, despite it being March.

Aster put his jacket on my shoulders, then his arm going around them.

Silence.

Nothing.

We rounded a corner, "We have to talk about what happened in that bathroom." He said.

I sighed, "I know. But not right now." I lean in closer to his touch.

"Are you sure this is what you want Ev? Because once we do this, there's no turning back, no backing out, you can't regret this when you asked for it."

I nod, "I know. Is it okay that I'm a little scared?" I whisper.

"Of what?"

"What people might think."

He stops walking, his hand goes to my chin and turns it up so I'm looking at him, "No one else matters. We don't have to rush into this, you can take some time, think things over. Decide if this is something you really want and I'm not just some one night fling."

I put my hand on his chest, "I don't want to think. Not right now. Just kiss me. Please."

He smiles before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. My brows pinched together as I was still getting used to this, but I liked it, I liked how normal it felt.

His hands on my waist pulled my body towards his, my chest against his as I was on my toes a bit.

I discarded the jacket and put my arms around his neck, deepening our kiss. His tongue asking for entrance which I granted.

We both pulled back, chests rising and falling fast, doing anything to find a steady breath.

"The party is tomorrow night, I'll pick you up at 7." He said.

I swallowed down air, nodding, "I'll see you tomorrow."

He held my chin and kissed me again.

Fuck. I really like this.

He steps back and goes to pick up his jacket and place it back over my shoulders. His hand at the small of my back as we walked back to the sidewalk.

I gave him his jacket before going our separate ways.

I slid into the passenger seat. My dad gripping the steering wheel.

"You were wearing his jacket." He said with a bit of amusement.

I shrug, looking out the window, "I was cold."

"Mmm." He hummed. "Put your seat belt on."

And I did.

But even then, his touch, his taste, I wanted to memorize it. And I hated him for making me want that out of him.

God I hate him.

So. Fucking. Much.

I hate that I hate him.

I hate that he can make me as red as a tomato just by walking through the door. Or he can easily make me wet with just a glance in my direction.

God, fuck you Aster James.

Fuck. You.

There is nothing worse than wanting the one person you hate, despite what my heart tells me, my brain is still in control.

Clear and simple logic is better than following the one thing that only pumps the blood through my body to keep me alive.

I am so fucked.

Hehehehe

Hehehehe

Enjoy loves!

-S 💞