Extra

-Evren James-

"I still don't understand why it took 5 years for them to complete the investigation." Me and Aster walked hand in hand to my aunts place.

He hummed, "I don't know. Something about her not wanting to talk. She's really tough."

I scoffed, "No, she's fucking delusional. She shot me remember."

"I remember, and I'd rather try not to." He leaned down and kissed me before we entered the house that looked like it was straight out of a rom-com.

There was children everywhere. Well, teenagers.

Gigi sat on the couch, on her phone as other girls were playing with balloons and party streamers.

"Oh thank god!" My Auntie Raya stopped in front of us, "I knew having children would be hard, but teenagers are worse."

Raya was not my moms biological sister. She was adopted when she was 10, but she still talks about my mom like she used the same womb to grow.

"How are you mija? I heard you had some news." She put her arm around my shoulders and led me to the kitchen.

I smiled, "I'm pregnant."

Her face lit up and I was scared she would blow my eardrums from her squealing.

"How far?"

"Two months."

She almost knocked me over with her bear hug.

I looked over at Aster who was sitting with Gigi and getting decorated with hair clips and glitter.

"Congratulations mija!! Ahhh! What are we hoping for?"

"I want a boy, Aster wants a girl, and twins." I cringed.

She laughed, "Leave it up to the men to make your pregnancy worse. Come over anytime you need some help. Your mom left a lot of her books and stuff here when she was pregnant with you."

I nodded, "So, what can I help you with? I know the party starts at 5."

She clapped her hands together and started moving around, "Ah yes! Could you start chopping up those peppers? And when your done, I need some help putting up the streamers."

I nodded and got to work.

~

At around 4:30, guests started to show up, and an hour later, we were all eating and chatting.

JJ and Corina came, and after their 1 year breakup, they were all over each other like nothing happened.

And I did notice something rather large and square in JJs pocket.

Carla, Gigis mom, sat in her wheelchair next to her daughter. She never fully recovered from the accident, and is paralyzed from the waist down after finding out her ex husband had broke her back.

But, she is very lucky to be alive.

My dad and Davina shared conversation in the corner of the room, Davinas husband couldn't be bothered to attend.

And Gigi sat next to her mom and her friends as we were all here for her. Her 15th birthday!

Davina had suddenly came to sit by me, "How is my favorite daughter in law?" She hugged me.

I smiled, "I'm your only Daughter in law mom." I hugged her back, slipping my hand from Asters.

"I know. I just love having a daughter, having a son was so much work." Aster glared over at her with those words. "So, I heard about the trial, how's it going?"

Aster sighed, "Well, they definitely have enough to put both of them away for life, but it all comes down to Gigi if she wants to still see her dad."

"I actually talked to her, she knows everything that happened, and she wants nothing to do with him." Davina had a smile that I couldn't tell of which emotion.

"So what exactly happened?" I was still a little confused about the situation.

"Well, we found out that Kate, the girl who shot you, is actually the daughter of Wesley." Aster explained.

"Carla has another daughter?" My eyes went big.

"No, different mother, same father. He raised her though, turning her to a monster, ended up killing her mother."

My blood was cold, "Yeah, let's not get into this right now." If we did, I would have to flip the table.

Around 8, everyone started leaving, and only a few girls remained for the sleepover Gigi was having.

We helped clean up and started saying goodbye.

Aster gave Gigi her gift, and kissed her head before we walked out with JJ and Corina.

It was still pretty early for us, and we were still in the party mood.

"Drinks at my place?" JJ offered.

Me and Aster agreed and eventually, ended up in JJs apartment in upper Manhattan, then with shots in front of them, and me with a glass of Diet Coke.

Aster stopped after his 2nd shot, claiming he didn't want me to drive home.

But the other two, they kept going.

Until JJ took Corinas hands and turned on some music.

We danced crazy and calm. Having fun like we did when we were in college and highschool. Just like old times.

When Louyah's you started playing, JJ slowed down their swaying and pulled back.

He placed a kiss on her lips before digging in his pocket and going down on one knee.

Corina was all but surprised. The tears in her eyes streamed, as he spewed his vows.

"I want you. And I love you. And I cannot imagine a day when I don't wake up beside you, Marry me. Make me the happiest man alive and I will make you the happiest women ever!"

She nodded, very quickly and he slipped the ring on her finger before picking her up and kissing her like it was his dying wish.

Me and Aster slipped out of their apartment a moment later and a long drive home, we were finally in our bed with less clothing on.

His hand was on my stomach rubbing in small soothing circles, "What about the office?" He spoke.

I hummed, sleep heavy on my eyes, "For what?"

"For the nursery? I could use the other room as my office, that way the baby is closer to our room."

I put my hand over his as he continued rubbing my belly.

"We can talk in the morning," he whispered in my ear, "I love you." He kissed my ear.

I smiled, closing my eyes, "I love you too."

Check out the first chapter of my new Enemies to Lovers story, "The Heart of The Heir

Check out the first chapter of my new Enemies to Lovers story, "The Heart of The Heir."

So very thankful for you guys support and love on this story!

Enjoy loves!

-S 💞